Jack// ani

Default How to open HP laser jet cartridge

Hi all,

I'm breaking my head as how to open the toner cartridge of my HP
laser printer, which I'm willing to refill by myself. I can see the
lid at the left end, but can't remove the top cover completely so as
to pour the toner. It seems that I'm missing out some hidden screw.
Cartridge is C7115A taken out from a HP laser jet 1000 series printer.

Thanks

kony

On 14 Feb 2005 10:15:54 -0800, "Jack// ani"
wrote:

Hi all,

I'm breaking my head as how to open the toner cartridge of my HP
laser printer, which I'm willing to refill by myself. I can see the
lid at the left end, but can't remove the top cover completely so as
to pour the toner. It seems that I'm missing out some hidden screw.
Cartridge is C7115A taken out from a HP laser jet 1000 series printer.

Thanks

Don't know if this will help but here it is anyway...

http://instrukcje.elektroda.net/druk...0TechGuide.pdf
Michael Black

"Jack// ani" ) writes:
Hi all,

I'm breaking my head as how to open the toner cartridge of my HP
laser printer, which I'm willing to refill by myself. I can see the
lid at the left end, but can't remove the top cover completely so as
to pour the toner. It seems that I'm missing out some hidden screw.
Cartridge is C7115A taken out from a HP laser jet 1000 series printer.

Thanks

YOu use to see bits about refilling laser cartridges, in the early days
of home laser printers. Don Lancaster wrote about it, and for all I know
he may have the old article somewhere on his website, http://www.tinaja.com

But, and I realize it may depend on the cartridge, I remember his instructions
being about drilling a hole, and then funnelling in new toner, rather than
opening the whole thing.

It can get pretty messy if you have to open the whole thing.

Michael

If you want refilled cartridges, I just saw an eBay seller for $15.72
including shipping. Do you really want to mess with that stuff
yourself?
GG

Doug McLaren

In article .com,
Jack// ani wrote:

| I'm breaking my head as how to open the toner cartridge of my HP
| laser printer, which I'm willing to refill by myself. I can see the
| lid at the left end, but can't remove the top cover completely so as
| to pour the toner. It seems that I'm missing out some hidden screw.
| Cartridge is C7115A taken out from a HP laser jet 1000 series printer.

The kits I've seen give you a soldering iron with a circular head to
cut a hole in the cartridge, and a plug to fill the hole. And a book
to tell you where to put the hole on each type of cartridge. And some
toner, of course.

You burn a hole, fill it with toner, put the plug in.

It works pretty good, but it IS messy. Do it outside

--
Doug McLaren,
HELLO KITTY gang terrorizes town, family STICKERED to death!

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

For my HP LaserJet 4L I bought one of those refills where the open a
hole and re-fill. Unfortunately what they don't do is open a hole and
empty the waste compartment where excess toner collects during use. The
cartridge had been refilled a few times as well. As a result, the
cartridge spilled a lot of toner into my printer and I was back to using
factory fresh ones. Does anyone do these refills properly with low
useage cores?

Doug McLaren wrote:

In article .com,
Jack// ani wrote:

| I'm breaking my head as how to open the toner cartridge of my HP
| laser printer, which I'm willing to refill by myself. I can see the
| lid at the left end, but can't remove the top cover completely so as
| to pour the toner. It seems that I'm missing out some hidden screw.
| Cartridge is C7115A taken out from a HP laser jet 1000 series printer.

The kits I've seen give you a soldering iron with a circular head to
cut a hole in the cartridge, and a plug to fill the hole. And a book
to tell you where to put the hole on each type of cartridge. And some
toner, of course.

You burn a hole, fill it with toner, put the plug in.

It works pretty good, but it IS messy. Do it outside

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.
Jack// ani

Hopefully no hole is to be drilled out here, toner container is having
a lid which can be removed easily.

kony

On 14 Feb 2005 18:53:07 -0800, "Jack// ani"
wrote:

Hopefully no hole is to be drilled out here, toner container is having
a lid which can be removed easily.

Did you see the PDF I linked? If that's your cart then it
should be exactly what you need. It is typical to need to
punch/cut/drill/etc a new (one-cycle used) toner to refill
it. A remanufacturered cart may have screws then added if
the particular cart needs them after being disassembled.
Depending on how wasteful the printer is (don't know about
that model) it is a good idea to empty the recovered waste
toner. Just be careful not to scratch the drum if internal.
Al Dykes

In article ,
jakdedert wrote:
wrote:
If you want refilled cartridges, I just saw an eBay seller for $15.72
including shipping. Do you really want to mess with that stuff
yourself?
GG

I've bought a few of those with mixed results...not so bad that I would
forego ordering again, but not perfect, either. One out of three I ordered
quickly developed a problem which produced a white streak down the middle of
the page. Looking into the cartridge, I could see that toner was not
getting to that area. I replaced it with a NOS genuine Hp part I'd also
ebayed, but I've got the bad one for further scrutiny if I ever need it...or
as a source for replacement toner.

jak

A guy I know that repairs printers says that how the stuff was stored
is important for NOS toner carts. He recommends a quality refil
service. YMMV.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Jack// ani

Hi Kony,

Thanks a lot. Exactly this is what I was looking for, very good piece
of info.

Thanks again

Jack// ani

I refilled my cartridge successfully. Yes it is bit messy but good if
you want to save money!!

Thanks

OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee Gunner Metalworking 562 January 6th 04 07:04 AM
Laser level??? Sorta........ Tom Metalworking 9 December 30th 03 10:19 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Argon Laser, 150mW, American Laser Spudley Electronics 0 October 3rd 03 06:19 AM
JDS Uniphase SLM uGreen 532 nm DPSS Laser problems Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 0 July 15th 03 03:50 PM