jay

Default RCA projection TV repair question - PFR 100

Hi All,

I was able to isolate a fault in the RCA PFR 100 projection TV thanks
to a suggestion by James Sweet, The Drive transistor on the Red CRT
neck board was shorted out. After replacing it I see the image but
looks like the image is horribly out of convergence, but before I
attack that problem I need some advice on what I am seeing with the
service switch on.

There is a switch on one of the control boards to switch the TV to
service mode, I figured that in service mode I would see a single
horizontal line but what I see is

http://www.geocities.com/shroffja/rca_service_mode2.jpg

The contrast shows up better without the flash here

http://www.geocities.com/shroffja/rca_service_mode1.jpg

Can someone help clarify what could cause this behavior, also can
someone help me with the convergence tuning sequence. There is a row of
16 pots and maybe there is a way to quickly narrow down the
combinations.

Thanks
Jay