Alison Hannah

Default Panasonic TX28 Widescreen Query...

Hi

Just bought a new Panasonic TX28PM1 - and the picture quality is great (for
my purposes!).

My only query is, when I power up the TV from cold, as the image appears on
screen it kind
of phases between green and red, before appearing normal. This process only
takes a second
and settles down to a crisp image afterwards.

This is my first "new" set so I don't know whether this is expected or not.
Panasonic advise
that it's part of the "de-gaussing" process and is normal - but, thought I'd
get other opinions..

Thanks for the help..

Ali.

Jerry G.

You may be seeing several things.

The degaussing process can cause a visual colour shift, until it is
finished.

When the CRT comes up to operation, the automatic circuits have to perform
the colour tracking adjustments to meet the reference that has been set up
in the set's firmware.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Alison Hannah" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi

Just bought a new Panasonic TX28PM1 - and the picture quality is great (for
my purposes!).

My only query is, when I power up the TV from cold, as the image appears on
screen it kind
of phases between green and red, before appearing normal. This process only
takes a second
and settles down to a crisp image afterwards.

This is my first "new" set so I don't know whether this is expected or not.
Panasonic advise
that it's part of the "de-gaussing" process and is normal - but, thought I'd
get other opinions..

Thanks for the help..

Ali.

Alison Hannah

You may be seeing several things.

The degaussing process can cause a visual colour shift, until it is
finished.

When the CRT comes up to operation, the automatic circuits have to perform
the colour tracking adjustments to meet the reference that has been set up
in the set's firmware.

--

Jerry G.
=====

Thanks.

Is it a normal thing for new CRT's to degauss on startup (sorry if I'm
missing something glaringly obvious here!). It's just I've never seen this
on other similar sets, although they aren't as new. My folks have an older
Panasonic 32 widescreen which doesn't show the same symptoms on startup..
and always when it's cold... Don't know whether to take it back or not - I
may just get lumbered with the same problem on the new one...

Ho hum..

Ali.