Jerry G.

You may be seeing several things.

The degaussing process can cause a visual colour shift, until it is
finished.

When the CRT comes up to operation, the automatic circuits have to perform
the colour tracking adjustments to meet the reference that has been set up
in the set's firmware.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Alison Hannah" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi

Just bought a new Panasonic TX28PM1 - and the picture quality is great (for
my purposes!).

My only query is, when I power up the TV from cold, as the image appears on
screen it kind
of phases between green and red, before appearing normal. This process only
takes a second
and settles down to a crisp image afterwards.

This is my first "new" set so I don't know whether this is expected or not.
Panasonic advise
that it's part of the "de-gaussing" process and is normal - but, thought I'd
get other opinions..

Thanks for the help..

Ali.