Alison Hannah

You may be seeing several things.

The degaussing process can cause a visual colour shift, until it is
finished.

When the CRT comes up to operation, the automatic circuits have to perform
the colour tracking adjustments to meet the reference that has been set up
in the set's firmware.

--

Jerry G.
=====

Thanks.

Is it a normal thing for new CRT's to degauss on startup (sorry if I'm
missing something glaringly obvious here!). It's just I've never seen this
on other similar sets, although they aren't as new. My folks have an older
Panasonic 32 widescreen which doesn't show the same symptoms on startup..
and always when it's cold... Don't know whether to take it back or not - I
may just get lumbered with the same problem on the new one...

Ho hum..

Ali.