Default DVD Changer Repair Advice

Hello

I'm looking for advice regardind a Toshiba SD2715 5 disc DVD changer.
It was working fine until our four year old grabbed the player drawer
and pushed and pulled on it with enough force to cause the drawer gears
to jump.

I took the unit apart and got gears back on track (I referred to an
exploded drawing to ensure it was put back together correctly). The
drawer will now open and close properly again, the unit plays DVDs, but
something is amiss.

IF I push the "open drawer" button, the drawer will open then rotate
for 3-4 minutes before it stops so you can place a disk on it. And if
I place a disk in the disc holder labeled disc #1, when I push the
drawer open button, the player spins around to present me with disc
holder #2.

If you have experience with this type of problem, can you share some of
your expertise? It seems as though something is out of sync, or needs
to be adjusted. I'm hoping the adjustment is something minor.. It is a
good player and I'd hate to add to a landfill for something that might
be easily corrected.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

Update

The light sensor that manages the rotating carousel works much better
if it the DVD changer case is closed vs having the case open and a 500
watt light above it.

I realized that shortly after I posed the question. Once the cover was
back in place, the changer's functionality returned to normal.