Dave VanHorn

Default Sony TC-209 belt

I need the belt that drives the counter, from the takeup.
Anyone know of a source?

Tim Schwartz

Dave,

If the machine is actually a TC-209SD, then the part number for the
"belt, tape counter" is 3-541-170-00. You could try any Sony parts
distributor, and it might still be available, or cross over to a newer
Sony part number. I use Andrews Electronics in California (phone
800-289-0300 0r fax 800-289-0301) While your working on the machine you
might also want to consider:

Capstan belt 3-541-168-00
FF/REW belt 3-541-160-00

There are also various idlers in this machine that could be in need of
replacement, as the deck is nearly 30 years old. If you want more
specifics, e-mail me directly.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Dave VanHorn wrote:

I need the belt that drives the counter, from the takeup.
Anyone know of a source?

Dave VanHorn

Hmm, I see your point, though the other rubber seems ok.
Even the counter belt isn't THAT bad, with a little FF/REW action, it's up
enough to keep the auto-stop from hitting, it just isn't driving the
counter.

I do need to change out some electrolytics, but that's to be expected.

Thanks for the pointers, I do far more design work than repair these days,
so I'm not hooked into all that anymore.