Steve

Default technical DVD player question

"slunk" wrote in :

just got a hometheatre speaker system for my dvd player.

playing movies with the 'surround sound' option doesn't include
vocals. usually the rest of the audio seems fine but the diologue is
either very faint or completely missing.

my 'music' dvds (as in concerts) are fine, just movies play without
voice.

all audio comes out if I play in normal mode.

any ideas?

everything is connected up right and the manuals offer nothing of any
insight

Have you checked whether the speakers are connected out of phase?
E. Scrooge

"Steve" wrote in message
"slunk" wrote in :

just got a hometheatre speaker system for my dvd player.

playing movies with the 'surround sound' option doesn't include
vocals. usually the rest of the audio seems fine but the diologue is
either very faint or completely missing.

my 'music' dvds (as in concerts) are fine, just movies play without
voice.

all audio comes out if I play in normal mode.

any ideas?

everything is connected up right and the manuals offer nothing of any
insight

Have you checked whether the speakers are connected out of phase?

One can lose the speech from a movie if the sound settings on the DVD player
aren't right.

E. Scrooge

Mark D. Zacharias

"E. Scrooge" (*sling) wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
"slunk" wrote in :

just got a hometheatre speaker system for my dvd player.

playing movies with the 'surround sound' option doesn't include
vocals. usually the rest of the audio seems fine but the diologue is
either very faint or completely missing.

my 'music' dvds (as in concerts) are fine, just movies play without
voice.

all audio comes out if I play in normal mode.

any ideas?

everything is connected up right and the manuals offer nothing of any
insight

Have you checked whether the speakers are connected out of phase?

One can lose the speech from a movie if the sound settings on the DVD
player
aren't right.

E. Scrooge

Or if there's no center speaker hooked up.

Mark Z.

Ariston Combi-boiler technical question Keith UK diy 13 September 26th 18 04:15 PM
NAD CD player question.... none Electronics Repair 1 December 28th 04 01:48 PM
Logix 3000 DVD player - "No Disc" problem John Prendergast Electronics Repair 4 December 20th 04 10:28 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Sony auto CD player repair question tempus fugit Electronics Repair 5 September 19th 03 03:39 AM