Mark D. Zacharias

"E. Scrooge" (*sling) wrote in message
news:1105153892.158416@ftpsrv1...

"Steve" wrote in message
"slunk" wrote in :

just got a hometheatre speaker system for my dvd player.

playing movies with the 'surround sound' option doesn't include
vocals. usually the rest of the audio seems fine but the diologue is
either very faint or completely missing.

my 'music' dvds (as in concerts) are fine, just movies play without
voice.

all audio comes out if I play in normal mode.

any ideas?

everything is connected up right and the manuals offer nothing of any
insight

Have you checked whether the speakers are connected out of phase?

One can lose the speech from a movie if the sound settings on the DVD
player
aren't right.

E. Scrooge

Or if there's no center speaker hooked up.

Mark Z.