Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Replacement Clock Lamp

I am in the process of repairing a 1970's clock radio:

Panasonic RC-7462

The radio plays perfectly, and I was able to repair the clock. All
that it needs now is to have the clock lamp replaced. This is a
strange lamp in that it is a tube which is 3 1/4" inches long and
5/16" in diameter, and is soldered direct to its wires (which are both
on one end of the tube). It appears to be a neon or fluorescent type of tube.
It is supplied with 230 volts AC to operate it. I have taken the following numbers
off of the tube (which I hope are correct, since these numbers are almost
microscopic, and I have MUCH trouble seeing them, but here goes...):

NL 60T8-B

Can some one please tell me:

A) What type of lamp this is? -and-

B) Where can I obtain a replacement?

All replies, with the exception of the smart-alecky "throw the POS away
and get a new radio" types, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Bob Archambault