Glenn Manning

Default RCA Picture Problem

I have an RCA ColorTrak 2000 TV that is about 15 years old. I suddenly lost
the picture. All I get is a horizontal line in the exact center of the
screen about 1/4 inch in height.

Suggestions on repair?

Glenn

sofie

Glenn:
Bad solder connections on and around vertical output chip circuitry and/or
faulty chip or other related parts.... diodes, resistors, high ESR
electrolytics, etc. Standard testing and troubleshooting procedures will
diagnose this specifically.
You may want to go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org
there with some searching you will find helpful information ... or
TAKE it to a repair shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you
can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet or
telephone wild guesses. This is usually a very economical and
straightforward repair at most shops.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Glenn Manning" wrote in message
link.net...
I have an RCA ColorTrak 2000 TV that is about 15 years old. I suddenly

lost
the picture. All I get is a horizontal line in the exact center of the
screen about 1/4 inch in height.

Suggestions on repair?

Glenn

AshTray700

vertical driver problem

Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:44:13 -0500, "AshTray700"
wrote:

vertical driver problem

I wonder what chassis? Vertical problems are relatively rare
(independent of the integrated tuner problems) in most larger RCA sets
that I have worked on. I dod remember one on a 167 or 166, and the
input resistor to the vertical IC's value was very critical.

Tom