Meyer

Default Philips 29PT6361 problem

Hi,

I have a Philips 29PT6361 flat TV, it is about 2 years old now. I have
just started to notice a very thin blue line at the top of the screen.
It seems to get worse as the TV warms up, gradually extending from the
right of the screen almost all the way to the very left. This is when
the picture is in standard (4:3) mode. It is very clearly visible when
there is no signal and the rest of the picture is black, and is often
visible when watching any program. Needless to say, it is distracting!

I just had the SSB replaced on this TV as the volume was going
haywire. That problem has been fixed now, but coincidentally, this
picture problem started shortly thereafter. I don't know if the two
events are related.

Any idea what the problem is - a malfunctioning part perhaps?
Is it something I can fix myself, for example, by adjusting the
vertical hold? I can't find a vertical hold adjustment on the menu -
is there a 'service' menu for this model where I can make such an
adjustment, and if so, would it even help?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
Meyer.
Jerry G.

I doubt you will be able to fix this yourself. I suspect that it is a
vertical blanking problem. There are many components involved, and it is
best to properly troubleshoot the set to find the exact ones that are
failing. Many times, capacitors can go defective and cause faults that
occur with temperature.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Meyer" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Alain Beguin

"Meyer" a écrit/schreef/wrote le/op/on 23/12/2003 :

is there a 'service' menu for this model where I can make such an
adjustment, and if so, would it even help?

Hello, Meyer,

My idea is that the problem is related and you got another print with
some different problem on it...
There are no alignment pots but there is a SAM, this means "service
Alignment Mode"
I use a special service remote to enter in the SAM but it is also
possible to do this by connecting two small test pins together for a
second, and then follow the alignment procedure on the different menu's
shown.
These pins are located in front of the print, close to the µprocessor.

Be very carefull when doing this and if you hesitate you'd best ask for
a service tech to adjust this. Supposing it is only an adjustment. Of
course something could be wrong, like the vertical amplitude circuit,
Ieven had a Deflection unit around the Picture tube neck once, when it
became hotter the picture above got a little smaller...

All the best and a very merry Christmas.

Alain

--
Alain Beguin
mailto: http://cerbermail.com/?XiEiqwImaa