news.verizon.net

Default Picture Problem

I been having a problem with my TV. I have never worked on TV and could
really use some help! My picture gets all fuzzy and jumpy. At first I
thought it was the cable or connections. I replaced the cables and made sure
all connections are tight. The picture returns to normal if I jiggle the
connector on the back of the set or smack it on the side once or twice.
Could somebody please help me.

Patch

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
I been having a problem with my TV. I have never worked on TV and could
really use some help! My picture gets all fuzzy and jumpy. At first I
thought it was the cable or connections. I replaced the cables and made

sure
all connections are tight. The picture returns to normal if I jiggle the
connector on the back of the set or smack it on the side once or twice.
Could somebody please help me.

Probably cold solder joints on the tuner, or antenna input.

petrus bitbyter

"news.verizon.net" schreef in bericht
I been having a problem with my TV. I have never worked on TV and could
really use some help! My picture gets all fuzzy and jumpy. At first I
thought it was the cable or connections. I replaced the cables and made

sure
all connections are tight. The picture returns to normal if I jiggle the
connector on the back of the set or smack it on the side once or twice.
Could somebody please help me.

Mike,

You almost certainly suffer on bad contacts. (That's to say, your TVset
does.) Most likely the connector you're jiggling on is guilty. It may be
the contact between the connector and its counterpart, it may be the contact
the cable and the connector but I bet it's the contact between the "chassis"
or "PCB" part (so the connectors counterpart) and the PCB. All intented and
unintented jiggling over time breaks the solder joints that are not capable
to withstand mechanical stress. Most of the times resoldering those joints
will help for a while. You'd better tighten te part to the PCB mechanically
to prevent the joints to get loose again. You can use super glue, hot melt
glue, tie wraps or other things depending on the situation.

If you have bad luck your PCB may be damaged. Repairing that is quite
another story.

pieter

---