skipfires

Default Mitsubishi CS-35707 GREEN background???

I am considering buying a used Mitsubishi CS-35707, for $250. Appears to
be all there, with with owner's manual and working remote. The picture
looks crisp/clear. However, the overall color is predominantly green.
The facial coloring is a bit more life like with some manipulation of the
color controls (green to red), but the back ground wants to remain green.
My questions, naturally, are - what may be the matter, and what might I
expect to pay for the repair, is it something that a somewhat handy
novice, like myself, could diagnose and repair? Realistically, the likely
repair cost would seem most vital. Please, anyone with knowledge in such
matters, please respond. Grateful thanks, skipfires

Green picture, even with color all the way down?
Could be as simple as it is old and the gray scale needs readjusted to
compensate for the age on the picture tube, or the picture tube could
simply be at the end of its life and will not track color properly.

No way it is worth $250 with a less than perfect gray scale. It is an
old Mitz that is well known for some real repair issues with age.

David

skipfires wrote:
[...]

Jerry G.

This effect starts to take place when the tube (CRT) is nearing the end of
its life. There are circuit faults that can cause this effect, but they are
rare, and you would not be able to properly verify this without having the
set properly troubleshooted for this. There would be a cost for this to be
done.

I would not pay this amount for an older set, as per your description. TV
sets are improving every year. For this amount you can have a new set with a
full warranty, and the picture will be of the proper grey scale tracking.
The set will not be a Mitsubishi, and not of the same size, but it will be a
new one with more accurate performance.

I am sure that the guy is selling his set, because he was told that there
are problems with it. If the set was a good one, he would still want to keep
it in his living room. By reading your question, I am strongly convinced
about that one.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"skipfires" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I am considering buying a used Mitsubishi CS-35707, for $250. Appears to
be all there, with with owner's manual and working remote. The picture
looks crisp/clear. However, the overall color is predominantly green.
The facial coloring is a bit more life like with some manipulation of the
color controls (green to red), but the back ground wants to remain green.
My questions, naturally, are - what may be the matter, and what might I
expect to pay for the repair, is it something that a somewhat handy
novice, like myself, could diagnose and repair? Realistically, the likely
repair cost would seem most vital. Please, anyone with knowledge in such
matters, please respond. Grateful thanks, skipfires

Leonard Caillouet

This is actually one of the later Mitsubishi 35" sets and is known for very
good reliability. Failures of IC6F01, which can be minimized by adding a
diode to the circuit, are the only common failure that we have seen. It
will cause this symptom. Any Mitsubishi servicer should be familiar with
the fix.

These sets do not have the widespread capacitor problems of the earlier Mits
sets. The CRTs have held up exceptionally well. I would test the CRT and
diagnose the problem, but my guess is the IC and a little alignment will
result in quite a nice set.

Leonard

ups.com...

skipfires wrote:
[...]

Leonard Caillouet

Generic advice that would typically be very good, but in this case, likely
dead wrong. Get a real estimate from a servicer experienced with these sets
(and who has a good CRT tester and experience using it) and make a decision
based on specific information rather than speculation. Then offer the guy
half of what he is asking if you decide to buy it.

Leonard

"skipfires" wrote in message

lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
I am considering buying a used Mitsubishi CS-35707, for $250. Appears to
be all there, with with owner's manual and working remote. The picture
looks crisp/clear. However, the overall color is predominantly green.
The facial coloring is a bit more life like with some manipulation of the
color controls (green to red), but the back ground wants to remain green.
My questions, naturally, are - what may be the matter, and what might I
expect to pay for the repair, is it something that a somewhat handy
novice, like myself, could diagnose and repair? Realistically, the likely
repair cost would seem most vital. Please, anyone with knowledge in such
matters, please respond. Grateful thanks, skipfires

I would take this set if someone gave it to me for free............
Please don't waste your money on this one........

Jacques

Taiwaanon

This is actually one of the later Mitsubishi 35" sets and is known for very
good reliability. Failures of IC6F01, which can be minimized by adding a
diode to the circuit,

Do you know off hand how to wire this diode Leonard. I have these fail quite
often, always loses the blue and problem returns soon. W

Leonard Caillouet

"Taiwaanon" wrote in message
This is actually one of the later Mitsubishi 35" sets and is known for

very
good reliability. Failures of IC6F01, which can be minimized by adding a
diode to the circuit,

Do you know off hand how to wire this diode Leonard. I have these fail

quite
often, always loses the blue and problem returns soon. W

Curious, I have never had a repeat failure, even before we started adding
the diodes.

Assemble email address by using:

first initial followed by
first six letters of last name followed by
at followed by
devoynet followed by
dot com

and email me. Also, who are you and what kind of experience do you have? I
wonder about people who won't even post their name on a message...

Leonard