Leonard Caillouet

This is actually one of the later Mitsubishi 35" sets and is known for very
good reliability. Failures of IC6F01, which can be minimized by adding a
diode to the circuit, are the only common failure that we have seen. It
will cause this symptom. Any Mitsubishi servicer should be familiar with
the fix.

These sets do not have the widespread capacitor problems of the earlier Mits
sets. The CRTs have held up exceptionally well. I would test the CRT and
diagnose the problem, but my guess is the IC and a little alignment will
result in quite a nice set.

Leonard

wrote in message
ups.com...
Green picture, even with color all the way down?
Could be as simple as it is old and the gray scale needs readjusted to
compensate for the age on the picture tube, or the picture tube could
simply be at the end of its life and will not track color properly.

No way it is worth $250 with a less than perfect gray scale. It is an
old Mitz that is well known for some real repair issues with age.

David

skipfires wrote:
I am considering buying a used Mitsubishi CS-35707, for $250.

Appears to
be all there, with with owner's manual and working remote. The

picture
looks crisp/clear. However, the overall color is predominantly

green.
The facial coloring is a bit more life like with some manipulation of

the
color controls (green to red), but the back ground wants to remain

green.
My questions, naturally, are - what may be the matter, and what might

expect to pay for the repair, is it something that a somewhat handy
novice, like myself, could diagnose and repair? Realistically, the

likely
repair cost would seem most vital. Please, anyone with knowledge in

such
matters, please respond. Grateful thanks, skipfires