Junior Member

Red face Dell P991 Monitor.

Hello there... my monitor is about 3 years old... and about 3 months ago it didn't wake up from hibernation.

Instead the led started flashing (green) and there was a chirping sound...

I read in a forum somewhere else to "Replace MTP6N60 near flyback on large heatsink" but this is for another Dell monitor (M781P). I need to know what part is the equivalent for the p991.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos.

carlosmay wrote:

Hello there... my monitor is about 3 years old... and about 3 months

ago
it didn't wake up from hibernation.

Instead the led started flashing (green) and there was a chirping
sound...

I read in a forum somewhere else to "Replace MTP6N60 near flyback on
large heatsink" but this is for another Dell monitor (M781P). I need

know what part is the equivalent for the p991.

Any ideas?

I have the exact same symptoms with a Dell P992, so perhaps they are
similar and this will help.

From Dell's support forums: the problem is a bad 2SC5682 transistor at

position Q505.

I'm currently trying to repair my monitor so I can't realy say if this
fixes the problem (and I'm not an EE so I'm having my problems just
trying to take out the heat sink that holds the group of 3 transistors
were the bad one is).

Regards.
--=20
Ren=E9 Berber