Reed Park

Default AM modulation monitor

Hi Group

I am working on a BELAR, AMM-2A modulation monitor. Trouble is, someone
before me was working on it and removed a 14 pin DIP chip. I suspect it
is the dual
voltage regulator, but no where can I find what type it should have.
Anyone have
any idea what it should have ? Source for a schematic ? Or any other
tech info ?

Regards
Reed

--

Looking for information on

Marconi SMR-3
Marconi MSL-5 and
Northern Electric R8119A receivers of WW 2.

ARROW Research (Avro CF-105)
Reed Park
252 Gauvin Road
Dieppe, New Brunswick
Canada E1A1M1

Amateur Radio V E 1 N U
WW II, # 19 SET user
Paraset replica builder and owner of a real one.

TimPerry

"Reed Park" wrote in message
Hi Group

I am working on a BELAR, AMM-2A modulation monitor. Trouble is, someone
before me was working on it and removed a 14 pin DIP chip. I suspect it
is the dual
voltage regulator, but no where can I find what type it should have.
Anyone have
any idea what it should have ? Source for a schematic ? Or any other
tech info ?

Regards
Reed

--

http://www.belar.com/ have you tried?

Reed Park

TimPerry wrote:

http://www.belar.com/ have you tried?

Yes I have Tim. The monitor I am working on is no longer supported by Belar.
It is obsolete as they say.

Thanks for the reply

Reed

--

Looking for information on

Marconi SMR-3
Marconi MSL-5 and
Northern Electric R8119A receivers of WW 2.

ARROW Research (Avro CF-105)
Reed Park
252 Gauvin Road
Dieppe, New Brunswick
Canada E1A1M1

Amateur Radio V E 1 N U
WW II, # 19 SET user
Paraset replica builder and owner of a real one.

Allodoxaphobia

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:08:35 GMT, Reed Park wrote:

Looking for information on

Amateur Radio V E 1 N U
WW II, # 19 SET user
Paraset replica builder and owner of a real one.

You realize, of course, that anyone searching in groups.google
for that callsign will *never* get a hit on any of your posts?

Pretty much ranks up there with the fellers that use some contrived
ASCII code for a slashed-zero in their call. Again, a groups or
web search by someone else will never get the "hit".

73
Jonesy
--
| Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
| Gunnison, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | OS/2 __
| 7,703' -- 2,345m | config.com | DM68mn SK

Hello, I have a manual and still using one of these monitors. Give me
an e-mail if you need something looked up. BTW the IC in question is
NLA.

Reed Park

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

You realize, of course, that anyone searching in groups.google
for that callsign will *never* get a hit on any of your posts?

Pretty much ranks up there with the fellers that use some contrived
ASCII code for a slashed-zero in their call. Again, a groups or
web search by someone else will never get the "hit".

73
Jonesy

Call me thick. But your comments were lost on me. I have no idea
what you are talking about.

7 3
Reed

--

Looking for information on

Marconi SMR-3
Marconi MSL-5 and
Northern Electric R8119A receivers of WW 2.

ARROW Research (Avro CF-105)
Reed Park
252 Gauvin Road
Dieppe, New Brunswick
Canada E1A1M1

Amateur Radio V E 1 N U
WW II, # 19 SET user
Paraset replica builder and owner of a real one.

J. Doe

I think you were being admonished for having spaces in your sig ham call
sign.....

What that has to do with your post, I have no idea either...... d:-))

Allodoxaphobia

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:05:07 GMT, Reed Park hath writ:

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

You realize, of course, that anyone searching in groups.google
for that callsign will *never* get a hit on any of your posts?

Pretty much ranks up there with the fellers that use some contrived
ASCII code for a slashed-zero in their call. Again, a groups or
web search by someone else will never get the "hit".

73
Jonesy

Call me thick. But your comments were lost on me. I have no idea
what you are talking about.

7 3
Reed

Down in your (overly long :-) "-- " sig you have:

Looking for information on
Amateur Radio V E 1 N U

Oh, I see now -- by trawling through The New And Improved (*NOT*)
groups.google.com, I see _you_ , in fact, are VE1NU. Your composition
there is a wee bit awkward: I thought you were "Looking for information"
on three separate topics/subjects.

But, my comment remains: A groups.google search by someone else
'interested' in VE1NU will never get a hit on any of your ng post(s) by
searching for "VE1NU" (unless you meant it to be that-a-way.)

I apologise for disturbing you. :-)

73
Jonesy
--
| Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
| Gunnison, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | OS/2 __
| 7,703' -- 2,345m | config.com | DM68mn SK
Reed Park

I think you are right. I did that because it looked better. Without
the spaces, it looked all run together.

Regards
Reed - VE1NU :-)

J. Doe wrote:

I think you were being admonished for having spaces in your sig ham call
sign.....

What that has to do with your post, I have no idea either...... d:-))

Reed Park

Allodoxaphobia wrote:

Down in your (overly long :-) "-- " sig you have:

Looking for information on
Amateur Radio V E 1 N U

Oh, I see now -- by trawling through The New And Improved (*NOT*)
groups.google.com, I see _you_ , in fact, are VE1NU. Your composition
there is a wee bit awkward: I thought you were "Looking for information"
on three separate topics/subjects.

No, in my signature file it shows I am looking for information on 3
different WW2 radios.
After that is my snail mail address, then a brief interest list. Maybe
not so brief.

Sometimes I foget the signature file is there. It would be better at
times if I were to eliminate
the signature file as it is rather large compaired to the content of my
message.

But, my comment remains: A groups.google search by someone else
'interested' in VE1NU will never get a hit on any of your ng post(s) by
searching for "VE1NU" (unless you meant it to be that-a-way.)

I apologise for disturbing you. :-)

No apology required. Sometimes I can be rather thick. This was one of
them. :-)
I am not disturbed. Well, maybe I am, but your message didn't disturb me.
(that was an attempt at humor)

73
Jonesy

7 3
Reed

Moneyman

J. Doe wrote:

I think you were being admonished for having spaces in your sig ham call
sign.....

What that has to do with your post, I have no idea either...... d:-))

Many folks who are computer whizzes - think everyone is or should be. They
admonish one for not using google - etc. I don't! I've been lucky maybe -
finding all I need. But I also happen to know many sites to go to aside from
Google.

You can't assume that EVERYONE is a computer whiz. IF a question is asked
for help, just be polite and answer it to help out. Don't go out of your way
to make an ass of someone. That shows ignorance!

MM

TimPerry

"Reed Park" wrote in message

TimPerry wrote:

http://www.belar.com/ have you tried?

Yes I have Tim. The monitor I am working on is no longer supported by

Belar.
It is obsolete as they say.

Thanks for the reply

Reed

--

U1, U2, U3, U5, U6 are MC1741CP1
U4 is MC1468L

do you have a fax no you can send me? i have complete documentation
schematics, layout, parts list