DALE Allen

Default Delco Radio Power Pins

I have removed the radio from my 1995 Olds Cutlass to work on the CD player
and have the complete pinout. I tried just connecting 12v and ground and it
would not power up. What other pins to I need to supply power to? Security
has not been set on this radio. Since the problem is with the intake
mechanism on the CD player, I do not need to connect the speakers.
Thank you,
Dale

JURB6006

There is another wire, hot all the time for the clock and station memory. In
the past this wire was orange and the radio would not work unless it is
powered.

I would suspect this here, if you have a pinout you should be putting power to
two connectors, not just one.

Good luck, as far as I'm concerned when I'm ready for a CD in the car I'll get
one of those fake cassettes and a portable. Then when it breaks my dashboard is
safe, and for $20 I can throw the offending unit out the window (unless a cop
is watching) and just buy a new one.

Over the years I've learned, less intergration and more seperation of
components. Look how people get ripped off with TV/VCR combos ! And they never
know. Just as much price, less components (more profit), less functionality
(can't record one and watch the other channel) and to top it off to the
manu****turer's delight is the functional interdependence, and being built into
a single cabinet helps too !

Anyway.
Be careful in there, those things are delicate (flimsy), precision (finicky)
and high tech (they shut down before you can get much info on what's going on).
Actually if I'm not mistaken these things should accept a disk and be able to
eject it with the key off. I might be mistaken.

JURB

Help identifying which pins to put power to!! Machi Smith Electronics Repair 3 October 28th 04 01:43 PM
How does a 110volt 2 speed motor work 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 11 October 11th 04 09:15 PM
Broken Radio JW Electronics Repair 3 May 31st 04 01:05 PM
Delco car radio ... Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 0 May 16th 04 05:14 PM
Computer power supply compatiility My father's son Electronics Repair 15 January 16th 04 11:13 PM