JURB6006

There is another wire, hot all the time for the clock and station memory. In
the past this wire was orange and the radio would not work unless it is
powered.

I would suspect this here, if you have a pinout you should be putting power to
two connectors, not just one.

Good luck, as far as I'm concerned when I'm ready for a CD in the car I'll get
one of those fake cassettes and a portable. Then when it breaks my dashboard is
safe, and for $20 I can throw the offending unit out the window (unless a cop
is watching) and just buy a new one.

Over the years I've learned, less intergration and more seperation of
components. Look how people get ripped off with TV/VCR combos ! And they never
know. Just as much price, less components (more profit), less functionality
(can't record one and watch the other channel) and to top it off to the
manu****turer's delight is the functional interdependence, and being built into
a single cabinet helps too !

Anyway.
Be careful in there, those things are delicate (flimsy), precision (finicky)
and high tech (they shut down before you can get much info on what's going on).
Actually if I'm not mistaken these things should accept a disk and be able to
eject it with the key off. I might be mistaken.

JURB