Machi Smith

Default Help identifying which pins to put power to!!

Hi,

I have a NCR 5953-2000 12.1" LCD screen for a cash register. The case of the
lcd screen states the monitor uses +12v DC/2.0A

Now the actual power module it uses is similar to a PS2 connector, but I
dont know which pins i need to connect power to...
Ive tried to find a pin diagran for the PS2 connectors (in case it was
standard) but I am unable to locate anything.

Pictures of the unit are here on my webspace
www.iinet.net.au/~perfection/monitor/

There seems to be 6 inputs, all i could think that maybe it used +12v -12v
+5v -5v ? but its strange it didnt say this on the case.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:50:11 +1000, "Machi Smith"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

I have a NCR 5953-2000 12.1" LCD screen for a cash register. The case of the
lcd screen states the monitor uses +12v DC/2.0A

Now the actual power module it uses is similar to a PS2 connector, but I
dont know which pins i need to connect power to...
Ive tried to find a pin diagran for the PS2 connectors (in case it was
standard) but I am unable to locate anything.

Pictures of the unit are here on my webspace
www.iinet.net.au/~perfection/monitor/

There seems to be 6 inputs, all i could think that maybe it used +12v -12v
+5v -5v ? but its strange it didnt say this on the case.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers

The ADM207EARS (U13) is an RS-232 Line Driver/Receiver which is
powered from +5V (Vcc = pin11) and generates +/-10V from on-chip
charge pumps. Hence, unless there is another device that requires
-12V, I doubt that -12V would be supplied externally.

There appears to be only one filter cap near the power connector (C77,
10uF, 35V) which would normally suggest that only 12V, and ground, may
be needed. However fuse F1 appears to connect to the Vcc test point
and L19 connects to an input pin. This may be the +5V rail. Just to be
sure, I would trace the 5V pins of U13 and U15 (93C46 EEPROM) to see
where they go.

At least two of the pins appear to go to one or more of the rear
connectors via L20 and L21. It may help to follow the traces.

wrote:

Hi,

I have a NCR 5953-2000 12.1" LCD screen for a cash register. The case of the
lcd screen states the monitor uses +12v DC/2.0A

Now the actual power module it uses is similar to a PS2 connector, but I
dont know which pins i need to connect power to...
Ive tried to find a pin diagran for the PS2 connectors (in case it was
standard) but I am unable to locate anything.

Pictures of the unit are here on my webspace
www.iinet.net.au/~perfection/monitor/

There seems to be 6 inputs, all i could think that maybe it used +12v -12v
+5v -5v ? but its strange it didnt say this on the case.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers

What are you trying to accomplish? To be honest, these are pretty
expensive to try to reuse as a generic lcd-display or to risk blowing
up. Checkout these prices:

http://www.point0fsale.com/wholesale/b4269.htm
http://www.xcc.com/detailsV2.lasso/0...r%20 DynaKey/

Perhaps eBay is in order? Might get enough to buy a nice 18" lcd.
Machi Smith

Gudday,

I didnt realize they were worth so much.... I got 3 of them really cheap but
with no power supplies....

Ive since worked out how to power them up from the post above yours (Thanks
Franc), and now i know you need special PCI-LCD cards to go with them which
have power onboard via a mollex connector on the pci card itself.

So... now Ive got to find one (or 3)...

Thanks for all your help... and chris... I'll take your advice there i think

Cheers!

Power surges Cheryl Home Repair 54 June 25th 04 08:50 PM
Power surges 1/ 2 barry martin Home Repair 0 June 5th 04 10:48 AM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
help identifying transistor in power supply nathan Electronics Repair 6 October 24th 03 04:39 AM