Lenny

Default GE TV model 27GT616, Ch. CTC 185AB3 intermittent

The customer said that the set was dead. When I tried it the first
time it came right on. So I checked it for cold solder and although I
saw nothing obvious, I soldered anything that looked remotely
suspicious. I then ran the set for 10 hours over night and it stayed
on and looked fine. The following morning I powered down for a while
and tried it several times during the day and it came on fine each
time until finally it would not. I have not reopened it yet but there
is no click or anything when power is pressed. During resoldering I
did remove the tuner shield and hit a couple of connections but none
really seemed bad. This chassis has a different tuner shield assembly
than the infamous older ones anyway. Does anyone know if there is any
history of these power symptoms associated with this chassis? Thanks,
Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.
RonKZ650

I don't know if it's common or not, but I had one once with an intermittent
diode CR4106 near the regulator that would cause the regulated 130v supply to
drop to around 80v which is too low to start. Also had an open CR4109 causing
loss of the 5 and 12v supplys. Otherwise just the regular solder around the
flyback and driver transformer. Also if CR4704 off pin 8 of the flyback opens
up, the 130v regulated B+ will be too high, but this causes immediate shut
down, which isn't exactly your case.
Good luck.