Con Saris

Default IC Supplier?

I have a Peavy Bass System amp Model: xminx 110 in for repairs. I need to
find a supplier, in Australia, for an IC type: RC 4558 P. Can anybody help
me?
Thanks in advance
Con

Tim Schwartz

Con,

If I'm correct, this is a 8 pin DIP (dual inline pin) IC that is a dual
opamp. It is a very common part, just ask for a generic 4558 at the
electronics supplier of your choice. If you've got a bunch of dead
consumer audio stuff in your junk heap, anything from a boom box to a CD
player will be likely to have one that you can pull.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Con Saris wrote:

I have a Peavy Bass System amp Model: xminx 110 in for repairs. I need to
find a supplier, in Australia, for an IC type: RC 4558 P. Can anybody help
me?
Thanks in advance
Con

Asimov

"Con Saris" bravely wrote to "All" (09 Sep 04 08:01:19)
--- on the heady topic of "IC Supplier?"

CS From: "Con Saris"
CS I have a Peavy Bass System amp Model: xminx 110 in for repairs. I
CS need to find a supplier, in Australia, for an IC type: RC 4558 P. Can
CS anybody help me?
CS Thanks in advance

Any generic 4558 should do...

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Integrated Circuit (n): a device used to protect fuses.

Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:01:19 GMT, "Con Saris"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a Peavy Bass System amp Model: xminx 110 in for repairs. I need to
find a supplier, in Australia, for an IC type: RC 4558 P. Can anybody help
me?

IIRC, an LM358 should substitute OK. Otherwise WES Components (Sydney)
have the KA4558.

- Franc Zabkar

L. Fiar

"Asimov" wrote in
message

Any generic 4558 should do...

There are two versions of the 4558.
I believe the P package mentioned will be the 8 pin DIP, but
there is also the "S" package:
/ 4558 S |
/ |--------+------------------------------| |
| | | | |
| | |/| |\| |
| | /+|-------| |------|+| |
| | |- | | | | -| |
| | | \-|-| | gnd | |-|-/ | |
| | | \| | | ___ | | |/ | |
| | | | | | | | | |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

created by Andy´s ASCII-Circuit v1.24.140803 Beta www.tech-chat.de

Regards.
LF.

JURB6006

HI;

Please don't take this personally, but those ASCII schematics are lame. I have
never seen one work right, the one you did was about as close as it has come.

If there is some program that can view these things right I'd really like to
know about it.

JURB
NSM

"JURB6006" wrote in message
| HI;
|
| Please don't take this personally, but those ASCII schematics are lame. I
have
| never seen one work right, the one you did was about as close as it has
come.

| If there is some program that can view these things right I'd really like
| know about it.

Works great. With Outlook Express, just set the newsreader fonts to fixed
pitch - I use Courier New for both.

L. Fiar

"JURB6006" wrote in message
HI;

Please don't take this personally, but those ASCII schematics
are lame. I have never seen one work right, the one you did was
about as close as it has come.

I often find the same. There is a limit to what can be shown
reasonably using ASCII characters, specially when dealing with the
limited width of these text messages.
It's a bit of a bummer if it wraps part of the drawing.

But, it can be quicker than searching for a link to a diagram or
drawing one and uploading it to a site. I have noticed some
references to binary groups, but they do not all appear on my
server.

If there is some program that can view these things right
I'd really like to know about it.

I find that OE displays ASCII drawings quite well, if you
use the correct font.

Regards.