Vincent Poy

"William R. Walsh" m
wrote in news:Rp9%c.138689$Fg5.86273@attbi_s53:

Interesting. I never knew TDK actually made parts. I thought they
were more of a company that makes media. I guess it's really the
electronics that differ between units as the mechanical parts seems
easier to spot.

Yep, TDK does make some parts. I don't think they make anything
particularly complex, but I've seen a lot of "simple" electronic parts
that bear the TDK name.

Hmmm, I know they made stuff like RF Filters but I never knew they made
internal parts since even their cd-rom writers are made by Sanyo. So I
guess TDK makes stuff like things that you can visibly see by looking at
the transport.

Cheers,
Vince
Yikes!ItsIke

http://www.manuals4you.com

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:22:09 -0500, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
4.154...
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
Which 2 or 3 small screws are you referring to? I have the bottom
off now and it pretty much looks like the pics he

http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/mbk-42.htm

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vince

"JVC Dude" wrote in
:

Ok I've just researched the HRS8000. we never had that here. Its
the same mech as our HRD530 but with SVHS from 1988 ish
Forget the stuff about the sensors, thats on much more modern stuff
like our HRS7000/8600 the nearest model numbers.
Unplug it, take the bottom off, and carefully tighten the 2 or 3
small screws fastening the green pcb's onto the bottom of the mech,
it will probably be a loose one causing a bad earth. and perhaps
your symptoms. If not then you could have numerous other things
like a shorting pole on the capstan motor etc.

Also as reported by Mark, the membrane switches can be
troublesome, but usually just inactive buttons. they gave most
trouble when juices were spilt into them!
Since this mech was used in Fergusons-UK (don't know what brand US
have for that- Thomson?) and Toshibas there should be many time
served VCR tech out there with experience so it doesn't have to be
a JVC seervice centre necessarily.
Hope this helps
AW

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
I didn't realize you were in Europe but from what you're saying,
it seems like it doesn't really need any parts replaced but rather
just labor. There is a place locally that charges $US35 + labor
but I know they are
n't
factory authorized and I wonder if being factory authorized will
make a difference or not. Where exactly is the right hand sensor
located or what does it look like?

Since you might be familar with this, I had a Mitsubishi HS-U70
SVHS VCR that failed a few years back and it had like missing
audio as well as missing color and the problem seemed to have been
bad capacitors but when
shipped the thing to be repaired, it was fixed but shipping caused
the Control Audio Head to not be aligned and the guy I think
readjusted it.
It
will play any tapes it records but when I take the tape to the JVC
HR- S8000U, it will only show scrolling black & white with
distorted audio and also, any tape that the Mitsubishi recorded on
can't be re-recorded with the JVC, is this just a alignment
problem as the guy that fixed it didn't have the factory jig for
proper alignment.

Cheers,
Vince

"JVC Dude" wrote in
:

I would suspect that the soldering under the right hand sensor
may be dry jointed .
If you aren't familiar with repairing equipment then don't try
to cure this yourself, since it involves stripping the deck out,
then removing the main board (although some models access from
underneath may be possible.) Its not easy!! Also the mains psu
capacitor can retain approx 380Volts- just waiting to shake
hands with anyone who doesn't know wheres safe and wheres not!

Your supposition is correct re the FF button it would FF when
turned on or if 2 buttons are effectively pressed, then other
odd symptoms may occur.

Remember as I said these units are very sensitive to light.
There was a mod to cover the right sensor (a slim 2" black LED
type of thing standing centre right of the mechanism)- its use
is primarily to detect if the tape is at the beginning and then
shuttle forward off it.

As to what you should pay, I would think £30-£40 to cover an
hours time would be typical- however it may not be this sensor
and only an engineer with the top off, probing around could
really correctly diagnose this.

Andrew

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
This VCR doesn't have a jog wheel. If if was the FF button
then wouldn't it FF even in the stop position?

Cheers,
Vince

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in
:

Sounds to me like the FF button or jog wheel may have a
problem. Seen things like this before.

Mark Z.

"Vincent Poy" wrote in message
.154...
Vincent Poy wrote in
. 154:

"JVC dude" wrote in
:

Hi Vincent,
Is there a lot of light getting in through the top/side?
these decks have optic sensors and can be tripped into
doing strange modes with light otherwise sounds like a
faulty switch contact or something similar. when you say
play button do you mean on the set or the remote. ~Its
possible the remote if someting was spilt into it may do
that. if its not related to the remote then there may be
a faulty switch on the front panel. its certainly not a
common problem. I presume you've unplugged and plugged in
again to reset the machine!

Other possible causes, dirty mode switch contacts, or
poss a capstan motor control fault , but that would be
very rare. its more likely to be one of the above.

hope this helps
AW

Hi AW:

Right now, there has to be a lot of light as I was trying
to see if things are working with the cover off but
originally, the cover was on when the problem happened.
What is weird is that randomly, it will decide to play a
tape correctly. As for the play button, I'm talking about
the button on the front panel and not the remote as I
haven't used my remote in a few years. I've already did
the plug/unplug a few times just to make sure that wasn't
the problem. I'm just trying to figure out will this be a
expensive repair since I see a lot of repairers that
aren't factory authorized but don't most problems need a
service manual or will equipment tell them what is wrong?
Since it seems lots of places have a fixed labor rate but
then you have to pay for parts and I hope they
don't randomly change out parts.

Cheers,
Vince

I just put the cover back on and the first play of the tape
plays normally but then the next play, it does the same Play
+ Fast Forward mode again.

Cheers,
Vince

They definitely had some problems with bad grounding on this chassis,
the small screws on the bottom PC board(s). This would usually do
things like trying to activate the tape loading when no tape was in
the carriage, and make the "Tape In" indicator light up in the
display, and initiate Rewind if there was a tape in the mech.

Mark Z.

Got a question... After getting the metal cover off the bottom, how does
one get the black plastic that is part of the chassis as it seems to cover
a lot of the parts.

Cheers,
Vince

As I recall, the entire deck is loosened from the top side and tilted up and
out a bit. No fun. 4 or 5 large screws hold the deck in place.

mz

Want to Fix Something?

http://www.manuals4you.com

ric