Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Vincent Poy

Default Help with JVC HR-S8000U SuperVHS VCR

Greetings all:

I have owned this VCR since late 1988 but have really only used it
during the first 6 years and then it was left just plugged in until
using it daily for the past few months. I have only used VHS tapes in
the VCR and it still records correctly but there is a problem with
playback. What happens is that when Play is pressed, it will show
SVHS and then the Digital light for Digital Features comes on and then
the Front Panel will display Play and Fast Forward with the tape
playing at the Play and Fast Forward speed. Holding down Play button
while this occurs will make it play normally and the Digital light
will go off but as soon as I lift my finger off the play button, the
Play + Fast Forward mode will return. Pressing pause will pause for
1/2 second and then do the Play + Fast Forward mode. I cleaned the
tape path including the Audio Control Head and also replaced the idler
and idler tire as the idler tire did have a gap but it didn't make a
difference even when using a VHS see thru test-jig. Anyone knows what
is wrong and will this cost a lot in parts to fix? Will non-JVC
authorized servicers be able to fix this? Thanks for any help in
advance.

Cheers,
Vince