Electronics Repair (sci.electronics.repair) Discussion of repairing electronic equipment. Topics include requests for assistance, where to obtain servicing information and parts, techniques for diagnosis and repair, and annecdotes about success, failures and problems.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 10:20:43 PM UTC+2, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1


I found a TIP 142...
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1


Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:43:16 PM UTC+2, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1


Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,249
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Lmm Cams wrote:

------------------


Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....


** A BD139 would very likely be fine.

Similar specs, same pak ( TO126 )

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1...oshiba/BD139/1



....... Phil


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,249
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:43:16 AM UTC+10, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1


Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.


** Not even faintly similar - cos it is a Darlington pair in a very different pak.


...... Phil
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,249
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn


Lmm Cams wrote:


------------

I found a TIP 142...


** Not similar at all.


...... Phil
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Lmm Cams writes:

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....


I think the delivery is much faster, they're using UPS, not postal
services. Two weeks ago I got my parts to Finland in less than 48 hours,
albeit to Helsinki capital region.

--
mikko
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:00:53 AM UTC+2, Mikko OH2HVJ wrote:
Lmm Cams writes:

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....


I think the delivery is much faster, they're using UPS, not postal
services. Two weeks ago I got my parts to Finland in less than 48 hours,
albeit to Helsinki capital region.

--
mikko

I did try rswww.fr but they were business only...
Will try digikey. For now I've ordered them off eBay.fr
I am repairing a perimeter alarm for a friend, she has two transmission boxes, both failed with the same chip going short b-e. Seems they may need a biger heat sink...
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On 6/1/2020 3:30 AM, Lmm Cams wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:43:16 PM UTC+2, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1


Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....


Phil's suggestion of a BD139 will work in many cases. A
BD235/237/239 is a closer match for max ratings.
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/...e=M&term=BD235


  #11   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On 6/2/2020 12:19 AM, Pimpom wrote:
On 6/1/2020 3:30 AM, Lmm Cams wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:43:16 PM UTC+2, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....


Phil's suggestion of a BD139 will work in many cases. A
BD235/237/239 is a closer match for max ratings.
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/...e=M&term=BD235

Oops. That should be BD233/235/237.
  #12   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,249
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Pimpom wrote:

===============



Phil's suggestion of a BD139 will work in many cases. A
BD235/237/239 is a closer match for max ratings.


** Not if you include Hfe and Ft - the BD139 is way closer then.

As usual, the OP has no idea what parameters matter more and that he ought to reveal what the device is doing.


...... Phil



  #13   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 633
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

On 6/1/20 8:20 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
As usual, the OP has no idea what parameters matter more
and that he ought to reveal what the device is doing.


Aw come on Phil. I would have thought by now, you'd have
a bowl of mercury you can use for scrying to look at the
hardware and into poster's minds.


--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi
http:foxsmercantile.com
  #14   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,249
Default Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Fox's Mercantile Idiot wrote:

============================

Aw come on Phil. I would have thought by now, you'd have
a bowl of mercury you can use for scrying to look at the
hardware and into poster's minds.



** Witchcraft is way more you line - Mr Lunatic.


..... Phil
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
photo eye NPN vs. PNP Karl Townsend Metalworking 17 November 17th 08 04:25 PM
Exchanging Parts Any one? I have lots of NPN, and I want some PNP like Tip145, Tip146, Tip147 Camsid Electronics 11 February 26th 08 07:48 AM
Exchanging Parts Any one? I have lots of NPN, and I want some PNP like Tip145, Tip146, Tip147 Camsid Electronics Repair 11 February 26th 08 07:48 AM
Cross Reference Please: NPN TO66 Case Transistor [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 November 13th 07 09:05 PM
pnp/npn transistors wonderer Electronics Repair 6 May 16th 06 10:17 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"