DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/650002-alternatinve-2sd882-npn.html)

Lmm Cams May 31st 20 09:20 PM

Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

Lmm Cams May 31st 20 09:41 PM

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 10:20:43 PM UTC+2, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

I found a TIP 142...

abrsvc May 31st 20 10:43 PM

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Lmm Cams May 31st 20 11:00 PM

On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:43:16 PM UTC+2, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....

Phil Allison[_3_] June 1st 20 04:20 AM

Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Lmm Cams wrote:

------------------

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....

** A BD139 would very likely be fine.

Similar specs, same pak ( TO126 )

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1...oshiba/BD139/1

....... Phil

Phil Allison[_3_] June 1st 20 04:21 AM

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:43:16 AM UTC+10, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

** Not even faintly similar - cos it is a Darlington pair in a very different pak.

...... Phil

Phil Allison[_3_] June 1st 20 04:23 AM

Alternatinve for a 2sd882 npn

Lmm Cams wrote:

------------

I found a TIP 142...

** Not similar at all.

...... Phil

Mikko OH2HVJ June 1st 20 07:00 AM

Lmm Cams writes:

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....

I think the delivery is much faster, they're using UPS, not postal
services. Two weeks ago I got my parts to Finland in less than 48 hours,
albeit to Helsinki capital region.

--
mikko

Lmm Cams June 1st 20 09:45 AM

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 8:00:53 AM UTC+2, Mikko OH2HVJ wrote:
Lmm Cams writes:

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....

I think the delivery is much faster, they're using UPS, not postal
services. Two weeks ago I got my parts to Finland in less than 48 hours,
albeit to Helsinki capital region.

--
mikko

I did try rswww.fr but they were business only...
Will try digikey. For now I've ordered them off eBay.fr
I am repairing a perimeter alarm for a friend, she has two transmission boxes, both failed with the same chip going short b-e. Seems they may need a biger heat sink...

Pimpom June 1st 20 07:49 PM

On 6/1/2020 3:30 AM, Lmm Cams wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:43:16 PM UTC+2, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....

Phil's suggestion of a BD139 will work in many cases. A
BD235/237/239 is a closer match for max ratings.
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/...e=M&term=BD235

Pimpom June 1st 20 07:52 PM

On 6/2/2020 12:19 AM, Pimpom wrote:
On 6/1/2020 3:30 AM, Lmm Cams wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 11:43:16 PM UTC+2, abrsvc wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 4:20:43 PM UTC-4, Lmm Cams wrote:
Dose anyone know of a common (ie i may find one in some peice of pcb i have in a draw of stuff) chip i could use in place of a 2sd882 ?

its one of these

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/627067/NEC/D882/1

Why an alternative? Digikey has almost 3000 in stock.

Cus I need it v soon and I live in France so that means a weeks delivery....

Phil's suggestion of a BD139 will work in many cases. A
BD235/237/239 is a closer match for max ratings.
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/...e=M&term=BD235

Oops. That should be BD233/235/237.

Phil Allison[_3_] June 2nd 20 02:20 AM

Pimpom wrote:

===============

Phil's suggestion of a BD139 will work in many cases. A
BD235/237/239 is a closer match for max ratings.

** Not if you include Hfe and Ft - the BD139 is way closer then.

As usual, the OP has no idea what parameters matter more and that he ought to reveal what the device is doing.

...... Phil

Fox's Mercantile June 2nd 20 03:43 AM

On 6/1/20 8:20 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
As usual, the OP has no idea what parameters matter more
and that he ought to reveal what the device is doing.

Aw come on Phil. I would have thought by now, you'd have
a bowl of mercury you can use for scrying to look at the
hardware and into poster's minds.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Phil Allison[_3_] June 2nd 20 05:08 AM

Fox's Mercantile Idiot wrote:

Aw come on Phil. I would have thought by now, you'd have
a bowl of mercury you can use for scrying to look at the
hardware and into poster's minds.

** Witchcraft is way more you line - Mr Lunatic.

..... Phil