Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default modern flyback cross reference?

I am looking into making a circuit that will essentially use a high
current flyback transformer. I'd like to use the one he

https://www.amazing1.com/products/hi...arge-core.html

However, after ordering from this firm in the past, after I received the
part, I was able to find it online from a different firm a lot cheaper.
I'd like to know if anyone knows of any equivalent transformers at a
cheaper price.

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 11/12/19 9:32 PM, -asop- wrote:
I am looking into making a circuit that will essentially use a high
current flyback transformer.Â* I'd like to use the one he

https://www.amazing1.com/products/hi...arge-core.html

However, after ordering from this firm in the past, after I received the
part****, I was able to find it online from a different firm a lot cheaper.
I'd like to know if anyone knows of any equivalent transformers at a
cheaper price.

Thanks.

****Just to note that this was for a different part, not the transformer
I linked to.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 13.11.19 3:32, -asop- wrote:
I am looking into making a circuit that will essentially use a high
current flyback transformer. I'd like to use the one he

https://www.amazing1.com/products/hi...arge-core.html

However, after ordering from this firm in the past, after I received the
part, I was able to find it online from a different firm a lot cheaper.
I'd like to know if anyone knows of any equivalent transformers at a
cheaper price.

Thanks.

There is a correlation between quality and price.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

There is that, and there is also the number of times something is handled. If I purchase a part from Mouser, for example, I will know that they got it directly from the manufacturer. If I get a similar part from the likes of Amazon and/or Grainger, I have a pretty good idea that it has come via one-or-more resellers and/or aggragators, each one getting a piece of the action.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA