Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default having difficulty finding these components

I desperately need these three items for a project, but I'm having a
hard time finding them. I had hoped to order all from a single source
to save shipping costs, but I don't know if that's feasible. A cross
reference with same pinouts might be helpful, but even having trouble
with that... and running short on time. Any parts source and/or good
cross reference would be welcomed. Thank you.

D40D5 NPN power tab transistor
2n2646 UJT
MCR 106-8 or C107D or 2n4444
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

TheExperimenter wrote:

---------------------------
I desperately need these three items for a project, but I'm having a
hard time finding them. I had hoped to order all from a single source
to save shipping costs, but I don't know if that's feasible. A cross
reference with same pinouts might be helpful, but even having trouble
with that... and running short on time. Any parts source and/or good
cross reference would be welcomed. Thank you.

D40D5 NPN power tab transistor
2n2646 UJT
MCR 106-8 or C107D or 2n4444

** WARNING !!

This PITA has cross-posted the same to " sci.electronics.design " and maybe other NGs.

Hate that.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, 26 October 2019 00:34:28 UTC+1, TheExperimenter wrote:

I desperately need these three items for a project, but I'm having a
hard time finding them. I had hoped to order all from a single source
to save shipping costs, but I don't know if that's feasible. A cross
reference with same pinouts might be helpful, but even having trouble
with that... and running short on time. Any parts source and/or good
cross reference would be welcomed. Thank you.

D40D5 NPN power tab transistor

Can you not get something else that meets the necessary specs?

2n2646 UJT

are those still used? Ordinary transistor breakdown might be used to replaced that.

MCR 106-8 or C107D

a very familiar number. 400v scr. Got some of those.

or 2n4444

600v scr

Presumably you're just doing repairs with these parts.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--

Go to http://www.nteinc.com/, search for your part numbers. Replacement
part numbers are all listed. Beside each replacement part number, click on

Good luck with your project.
Dave M

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi,

The D40D5 is an obsolete case style, but a TO-220 transistor can be
used though the pin out may be different. The specs for the D40D5 are he

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...TC1/D40D5.html

Many common TO-220 devices will work, like a TIP-41C or a BD-911. You
may have to put sleeving on the leads and twist them around to the
correct hole, depending on the board.

It would be helpful if you mentioned what product you are working on,
as you might get better advice.

Regards,
Tim

On 10/25/2019 7:34 PM, TheExperimenter wrote:
I desperately need these three items for a project, but I'm having a
hard time finding them.Â* I had hoped to order all from a single source
to save shipping costs, but I don't know if that's feasible.Â* A cross
reference with same pinouts might be helpful, but even having trouble
with that... and running short on time.Â* Any parts source and/or good
cross reference would be welcomed.Â* Thank you.

D40D5 NPN power tab transistor
2n2646 UJT
MCR 106-8 or C107D or 2n4444

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/26/19 5:25 PM, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hi,

Â*Â*Â*Â* The D40D5 is an obsolete case style, but a TO-220 transistor can
be used though the pin out may be different.Â* The specs for the D40D5
are he

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...TC1/D40D5.html

Â*Â*Â*Â*Many common TO-220 devices will work, like a TIP-41C or a BD-911.
You may have to put sleeving on the leads and twist them around to the
correct hole, depending on the board.

Â*Â*Â*Â*It would be helpful if you mentioned what product you are working
on, as you might get better advice.

Regards,
Tim

Ok, I'll try it here too. I posted this in another group and finally
reluctantly shared what it was for to be met with almost instant
criticism, but here we go (I'm just quoting what I wrote in the other
group):

Unfortunately, the exact schematic does not appear online and is
copyrighted. However, it appeared in Radio Electronics Magazine
September 1986, p. 42 stun gun. A similar one adapted from the article
is here, but does not use the same components:

http://www.learningelectronics.net/V...n/stungun.html

I built the gun from the kit in 1994, but my wife used it a month ago
and burned it out while scaring off a would be attacker.

I originally contacted the firm that made it, but have not heard back
after several weeks, so I went parts looking myself. I don't trust the
ones with the puny "400 KV" modules that seem to be front and center
now. This one really worked and was tested scientifically at the time
which is why I'd like to get the replacement components.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

TheExperimenter Moron wrote:

** WARNING WARNING !!!

The above poster is a dangerous lunatic.

He or his wife want to KILL someone by HV electrocution.

DO NOT assist in the repair of a lethal weapon.

http://www.learningelectronics.net/V...n/stungun.html

** Jesus H Christ !!!

READ the warnings in the yellow box and the RED print further down.

...... Phil