Old August 8th 18, 02:24 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vintage Hp Hewlett-Packard 25 Calculator with case and charger

Unit with charger & owners handbook. Working.
Best offer.
Peter

Old August 8th 18, 02:30 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP-25

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old August 8th 18, 05:01 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 20:30:56 -0500, Fox's
Mercantile wrote:

On 8/7/18 8:24 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
Unit with charger & owners handbook. Working.
Best offer.
Peter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP-25

Thanks. Here's a picture of mine.
https://postimg.cc/image/466owlrsn/
Old August 8th 18, 05:34 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 11:24:28 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

Unit with charger & owners handbook. Working.
Best offer.
Peter

Is it an HP25 or HP25c? Your photo looks like HP25.

http://www.hpmuseum.org
http://www.hpmuseum.org/hp25.htm

Very old prices
http://www.hpmuseum.org/collect.htm#diff

eBay completed auctions for HP25
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=hp+25+calculator&_sacat=0&LH _TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1
Looks like the running price for a complete calculator (charger, book,
box, etc) is $50 to $100. However, 3 have sold for $150 to $225.

I suggest you try selling it on eBay or Craigslist.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old August 8th 18, 05:37 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, Peter Jason wrote:

Unit with charger & owners handbook. Working.
Best offer.
Peter

This is for the repair of electronic equipment. It's not a buy and sell
newsgroup.

Michael

Old August 9th 18, 10:20 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/08/2018 12:37 AM, Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, Peter Jason wrote:

Unit with charger & owners handbook. Working.
Best offer.
Peter

This is for the repair of electronic equipment.* It's not a buy and sell
newsgroup.

* Michael

At least it's not political :-)
Old August 9th 18, 03:53 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 17:20:15 +0800, Rheilly Phoull
wrote:

On 9/08/2018 12:37 AM, Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018, Peter Jason wrote:

Unit with charger & owners handbook. Working.
Best offer.
Peter

This is for the repair of electronic equipment.* It's not a buy and sell
newsgroup.

* Michael

At least it's not political :-)

I've noticed that any new topic that appears, degenerates into a
political discussion within about 5 messages. It doesn't seem to
matter what the topic might be or who is doing the posting. The
political discussion continues until someone mentions Trump, where it
degenerates into one-line comments of little intelligence and less
importance. At least it's not an AGW discussion, which tend to be
endless and have been beaten to death long ago. Welcome to the new
Usenet.

Incidentally, I collect old LED HP calculators. You won't see quality
design, materials, and construction like that ever again. After a
rough day of dealing with unrepairable Chinese junk, I rather enjoy
fondling gold plated PC boards, dual shot injected keys that don't rub
off, documentation written in readable English, mostly bug free
firmware, batteries that aren't intentionally overcharged, and wall
warts that don't blow up.

Old August 9th 18, 08:34 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 10:53:23 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
The
political discussion continues until someone mentions Trump, where it
degenerates into one-line comments of little intelligence and less
importance.

Yeah, those Trump Bashers are nothing if not persistent.

Incidentally, I collect old LED HP calculators. You won't see quality
design, materials, and construction like that ever again. After a
rough day of dealing with unrepairable Chinese junk, I rather enjoy
fondling gold plated PC boards, dual shot injected keys that don't rub
off, documentation written in readable English, mostly bug free
firmware, batteries that aren't intentionally overcharged, and wall
warts that don't blow up.

I have a question for you Jeff concerning the HP line.

I have an HP34C that I bought new back around 1980 or so to replace my stolen TI SR-51A. It had always been a little flakey but a quick thump brought it back around. A few years later I decided to have a look inside when it required more physical persuasion to behave. I took a picture of the front keys in case they decided to jump out and get mixed up (they did), but I was surprised to find the half dozen ICs *not* soldered down to the flexible circuit board. They maintain connection by the foam cushion beneath the flex circuit that maintains pressure between the flex circuit and the ICs. I removed each IC, cleaned all the pins and the flex circuit lands, put a tiny bit of dielectric grease on each IC pin, and reassembled. It behaved itself for quite some time. Right now it's been in storage for many years but every once in a while I wonder if the correct solution would be to tack solder them down. I'm sure the foam pad looses a bit of rebound over the years.

What do you do when you run across flakey IC contacts in an HP?
Old August 9th 18, 09:06 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 3:34:57 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
I'm sure the foam pad *looses a bit of rebound over the years.

*Loses...
Old August 9th 18, 09:09 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 4:06:30 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 3:34:57 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
I'm sure the foam pad *looses a bit of rebound over the years.

*Loses...

Oh, I dunno - there is a certain elegance to "loosing" a rebound.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA