Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HEWLETT PACKARD HP 3310

Hello to all,
it's first the time that I visit this forum;
I have a problem with signal generator them HEWLETT PACKARD HP3310B,
the resistance in series to the BNC of high output(current limitation)
has burnt and not see more the value;
someone of you has the electrical scheme ?
or, if you have the same model, you can readme the value of the
resistance?
Thanks you
Giuseppe Romano,

Milano - ITALIA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 25 Set, 11:45, Jorgen Lund-Nielsen jorgen.lund-
Hello to all,
it's first the time that I visit this forum;
I have a problem with signal generator them HEWLETT PACKARD HP3310B,
the resistance in series to the BNC of high output(current limitation)
has burnt and not see more the value;
someone of you has the electrical scheme ?
or, if you have the same model, you can readme the value of the
resistance?
Thanks you

ask he (you have to join yahoo groups, but it's free)

Jorgen
dj0ud

Hello Jorgen,
I have as soon as visited the link that you have given to me,
but I am not successful to find nobody in a position to give me
electrical scheme of the Generator HP 3310 (Hewlett Packard).
Thanks however.
Best regards.

Giuseppe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

Hello to all,
it's first the time that I visit this forum;
I have a problem with signal generator them HEWLETT PACKARD HP3310B,
the resistance in series to the BNC of high output(current limitation)
has burnt and not see more the value;
someone of you has the electrical scheme ?
or, if you have the same model, you can readme the value of the
resistance?

I'll assume it has a specified output impedance of 50 Ohms. Try a 47 Ohm
resistor. Check your work by measuring the no-load output voltage and then
again with a 50 Ohm load. If the voltage falls to one-half when loaded, you
are there!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

Hello to all,
it's first the time that I visit this forum;
I have a problem with signal generator them HEWLETT PACKARD HP3310B,
the resistance in series to the BNC of high output(current limitation)
has burnt and not see more the value;
someone of you has the electrical scheme ?
or, if you have the same model, you can readme the value of the
resistance?
Thanks you
Giuseppe Romano,

Milano - ITALIA

I have a manual for the HP 3310A/B. The output circuit looks like this:

Amp------+---/\/\/\/---------- High level output
| R7
\
/
\ R5
/

+-------------------- Low level output

\
/
\ R6
/

---
-

The values of the resistors a
R5: 1.58K 1%
R6: 51.1 ohms 1%
R7: 8.2 ohms 5%

Hth,
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26 Set, 02:51, "DaveM" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Hello to all,
it's first the time that I visit this forum;
I have a problem with signal generator them HEWLETT PACKARD HP3310B,
the resistance in series to the BNC of high output(current limitation)
has burnt and not see more the value;
someone of you has the electrical scheme ?
or, if you have the same model, you can readme the value of the
resistance?
Thanks you
Giuseppe Romano,

Milano - ITALIA

I have a manual for the HP 3310A/B. The output circuit looks like this:

Amp------+---/\/\/\/---------- High level output
| R7
\
/
\ R5
/

+-------------------- Low level output

\
/
\ R6
/

---
-

The values of the resistors a
R5: 1.58K 1%
R6: 51.1 ohms 1%
R7: 8.2 ohms 5%

Hth,
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Hello to all,
I have just replaced the burnt resistance (R7) its value is increased
from 8.2 ohm to 12Kohm (however it was in order to die);
a thanks to all, above all to DaveM, for the exact value of the burnt
resistance;
I have a last request,
someone of you (me seems DaveM), he said of having the handbook of HP
3310, if you have the electrical scheme in electronic format, could
pass it to me? it could return to me useful for the future, otherwise
thanks however.

Giuseppe
Milan - ITALY

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
On 26 Set, 02:51, "DaveM" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Hello to all,
it's first the time that I visit this forum;
I have a problem with signal generator them HEWLETT PACKARD HP3310B,
the resistance in series to the BNC of high output(current limitation)
has burnt and not see more the value;
someone of you has the electrical scheme ?
or, if you have the same model, you can readme the value of the
resistance?
Thanks you
Giuseppe Romano,

Milano - ITALIA

I have a manual for the HP 3310A/B. The output circuit looks like this:

Amp------+---/\/\/\/---------- High level output
| R7
\
/
\ R5
/

+-------------------- Low level output

\
/
\ R6
/

---
-

[...]

A quick search of Agilent's web site turns up a PDF of the manual he
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/...N&cc=US&lc=eng

For all those who need manuals, it's almost always easiest and fastest to find
the manufacturer's web site and search there first. Many times, they have the
manuals available for free download or low cost ordering. Unfortunately, there
are a few companies that value their old manuals almost as much as the equipment
they support. Google is your friend!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 27 Set, 00:23, "DaveM" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On 26 Set, 02:51, "DaveM" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

Hello to all,
it's first the time that I visit this forum;
I have a problem with signal generator them HEWLETT PACKARD HP3310B,
the resistance in series to the BNC of high output(current limitation)
has burnt and not see more the value;
someone of you has the electrical scheme ?
or, if you have the same model, you can readme the value of the
resistance?
Thanks you
Giuseppe Romano,

Milano - ITALIA

I have a manual for the HP 3310A/B. The output circuit looks like this:

Amp------+---/\/\/\/---------- High level output
| R7
\
/
\ R5
/

+-------------------- Low level output

\
/
\ R6
/

---
-

A quick search of Agilent's web site turns up a PDF of the manual hehttp://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/...d=3310B%3Aepsg...

For all those who need manuals, it's almost always easiest and fastest to find
the manufacturer's web site and search there first. Many times, they have the
manuals available for free download or low cost ordering. Unfortunately, there
are a few companies that value their old manuals almost as much as the equipment
they support. Google is your friend!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Thanks Dave,
your aid has been much precious for me,
the information that you have given me, have allowed me to repair
signal generator with 30 years of operation to the shoulders.
Thanks still.
In ITALY, in these cases, we say: "to good rendering" (to the next
occasion I will render you the favor).
Beautiful invention the FORUM.

BYE BYE
Giuseppe