Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharetree Type 450 AM/FM Signal Generator

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the operating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I just picked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit selling 35 years ago for £750 . Sadly though it needs a little TLC as the FM part of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels like it.

It has a nice little LED display for the range and frequency read out in Mhz but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with the occasional burst of life.

So can anyone tell me where I can obtain copies of these manuals at all? The manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped production years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

Thanks

Graham
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 10:56:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
(...)

No manual, but this might help.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/brand-name-i-never-heard-of-before/

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 10 August 2017 18:56:30 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the operating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I just picked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit selling 35 years ago for £750 . Sadly though it needs a little TLC as the FM part of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels like it.

It has a nice little LED display for the range and frequency read out in Mhz but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with the occasional burst of life.

So can anyone tell me where I can obtain copies of these manuals at all? The manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped production years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

Thanks

Graham

Time to start prodding it.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 7:58:37 PM UTC+1, N_Cook wrote:
On 10/08/2017 18:56, wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the operating and or the service manual for this signal generator at all? I just picked this up on Ebay and in its day it was a top end piece of kit selling 35 years ago for £750 . Sadly though it needs a little TLC as the FM part of it seems to be working just fine but the AM, works when it feels like it.

It has a nice little LED display for the range and frequency read out in Mhz but most of the time when AM is selected it displays all zeros, with the occasional burst of life.

So can anyone tell me where I can obtain copies of these manuals at all? The manufacturers no longer have any records etc on these as they stopped production years ago and now produce special climatic testing cabinets.

Thanks

Graham

Sharetree is a new name to me, decades of UK test kit involvement.
"Style" looks rather kit-form. Reminds me of the South African brand
Sabtronics around in the UK then , in the same sort of general purpose
case and simple typography and exposed bulkhead connectors

The company that made it is still going today but they have moved onto making climatic test chambers now and have no records available of their electronic test gear product range which they ceased production of 30 years ago. It is a British company and I have posted some photos of it here which might possibly remind you of something? https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/brand-name-i-never-heard-of-before/