Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics
Bob in Phx

Default signal generator to frequency counter signal tap

I have need to monitor the exact frequency of an old tube signal generator.
The signal generator is an Eico 324 and the frequency counter is a B&K 1801.
I have read the B&K frequency counter manual and it suggest building a
signal tap. The only issue is that I don't understand the suggested tap, as
the example is for 4 watts of power output, not the milliwatts of RF that
the signal generator puts out.

does anyone have any suggestions, as I don't want to "blow" the front end of
the frequency counter or impact the output of the signal generator. ....

Bob in phx