Junior Member

Location: Central Jersy
Default WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If you have any in you junk box please contact me.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/21/2017 7:46 PM, radiotek wrote:
WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without
windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If
you have any in you junk box please contact me.

You can't come up with an old portable AM radio to scrap it from?
Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army or a yard sale, it will be less than
anyone could ship it to you.
Or order it from WWW.Bytemark.
Mike

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

radiotek wrote:

WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without
windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If
you have any in you junk box please contact me.

** Plenty for sale on Ebay.

...... Phil
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--
radiotek

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine....rd=ferrite+rod

"Without" - but a good range of options.
Junior Member

Location: Central Jersy

I went to CWS ByteMark Front Page and (BOY) there prices are very high. They wanted $33 for a 3/8" dia x 4" long ferrite rod.

I just purchased a few junker radios from ebay and saved a lot.

I do appreciate you trying to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiotek View Post
WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If you have any in you junk box please contact me.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017, amdx wrote:

On 2/21/2017 7:46 PM, radiotek wrote:
WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without
windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If
you have any in you junk box please contact me.

You can't come up with an old portable AM radio to scrap it from?
Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army or a yard sale, it will be less than
anyone could ship it to you.
Or order it from WWW.Bytemark.
Mike

And used radios if old enough will offer up a variable capacitor which is
often required if one needs a loopstick.

There was a time when I'd find lowe end stereos on the sidewalk waiting
for the garbage, and that too was a good source of loopsticks, often
hanging outside the case. But that seems to have dried up, either people
have finished tossing them, or they go to "electronic waste recycling".

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"amdx" wrote in message
news
On 2/21/2017 7:46 PM, radiotek wrote:
WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without
windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If
you have any in you junk box please contact me.

You can't come up with an old portable AM radio to scrap it from?
Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army or a yard sale,

Any portable set old enough to have a 3/8" ferrite rod could have some value
as a collectible. Some of the shirt pocket transistor radios with the little
ferrite slab are even more valuable.

The all in one pre-micro music centers usually have a proper ferrite rod, as
do most separates tuner units.

They have almost no resale value, except high end separates.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"radiotek" wrote in message

I went to 'CWS ByteMark Front Page' (http://WWW.Bytemark.com) and (BOY)
there prices are very high. They wanted $33 for a 3/8" dia x 4" long
ferrite rod.

I just purchased a few junker radios from ebay and saved a lot.

I do appreciate you trying to help.

Could be worth researching collectibles values before ripping.

Some might be worth refurbishing.

"Welcome Mats" are no longer acceptable by home doors..... [email protected] Home Repair 10 August 21st 16 06:54 PM
Where to get ferrite cores [email protected] Electronics Repair 7 August 19th 12 02:49 PM
Ferrite Bead Al Electronics Repair 11 December 12th 09 07:26 AM
Ferrite Bead Al Electronics Repair 0 December 11th 09 02:10 AM
Does halogen bulb last longer if not "dimmmed"? MiamiCuse Home Repair 14 December 8th 05 07:00 AM