Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where to get ferrite cores

I have a couple of things in mind and I would like a source for those BIG toroidal ferrite cores. I can deal with painting the wire and wrapping it because you don't need that many turns. Really I can strip some 10 guage or something, maybe even fatter.

This of course yields what the problem is _ I want like an ID of AT LEAST an inch, a thickness of ¼ inch or better which gives an OD of 1½". The height should be approximately ½ - ¾ inch.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thje DC to DC convertor must be extremely high current because I want it to run off batteries. It has to kick the voltage up.

The reason I need my own desgn it because using high speed switching devices, I intend to eliminate the rectifiers and filter caps. I intend to use the high frequency AC directly.

I really should not say anymore right now. If I find what I need, get one going and file for a provisional patent, I will tell you all about it. I KNOW it can be used for industial applications already, but I want to to to use for another purpose. That is something I will not reveal until I at least have the provisional. It might not be enforcable, but it sure as hell proves prior art. At that point nobody can keep ME from marketing it.

(you should see what drug companies do, and Monsanto, they use patent laws in ways that would blow you mind)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I need to be around 60 - 100 Khz. There will be no active feeback loop, no regulation just brute force. Primary impedance will be so low that any spikes in the load will be immediately reflected to the source. It will run at resonance.

Square or sine, or something within reason at a constant frequency, able to deliver say 200 V P-P at eight amps or so.

Actually 75 Khz would probably be optimum.

Anti RFI ferrite rings - do they work? N_Cook Electronics Repair 12 March 4th 10 09:00 AM
Ferrite Bead Al Electronics Repair 11 December 12th 09 07:26 AM
Ferrite Bead Al Electronics Repair 0 December 11th 09 02:10 AM
Ferrite/Choke question Andrew Rossmann Electronics Repair 5 April 30th 06 04:26 AM
Sourcing ferrite cores for HV transformers. Joseph Casey Electronics Repair 2 May 24th 05 04:17 PM