Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Starting problem with a Samsung Lappy

Hi Friends

I have a Samsung Lappy Modl R439. When I press the start button the
blue indicator near the button comes on but the lappy does not start.

Wait in this condition for about 10 minuts (blue indicator on). Then
press the button so the blue indicator goes off. Now when I press the
start button the lappy starts.

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

--
Sandy
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22/11/2016 15:01, Archer wrote:
Hi Friends

I have a Samsung Lappy Modl R439. When I press the start button the
blue indicator near the button comes on but the lappy does not start.

Wait in this condition for about 10 minuts (blue indicator on). Then
press the button so the blue indicator goes off. Now when I press the
start button the lappy starts.

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

Report back the timings/consequence if you do the following
Put it in a fridge for 1/2 hour before starting up procedure
Put over a room radiator 1/2 hour,before starting up
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote:

On 22/11/2016 15:01, Archer wrote:
Hi Friends

I have a Samsung Lappy Modl R439. When I press the start button the
blue indicator near the button comes on but the lappy does not start.

Wait in this condition for about 10 minuts (blue indicator on). Then
press the button so the blue indicator goes off. Now when I press the
start button the lappy starts.

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

Report back the timings/consequence if you do the following
Put it in a fridge for 1/2 hour before starting up procedure
Put over a room radiator 1/2 hour,before starting up

Yes, if it is bad caps, it will be much happier warm, and really hard to get
running when cold.

Jon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22/11/2016 21:23, Jon Elson wrote:
N_Cook wrote:

On 22/11/2016 15:01, Archer wrote:
Hi Friends

I have a Samsung Lappy Modl R439. When I press the start button the
blue indicator near the button comes on but the lappy does not start.

Wait in this condition for about 10 minuts (blue indicator on). Then
press the button so the blue indicator goes off. Now when I press the
start button the lappy starts.

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

Report back the timings/consequence if you do the following
Put it in a fridge for 1/2 hour before starting up procedure
Put over a room radiator 1/2 hour,before starting up

Yes, if it is bad caps, it will be much happier warm, and really hard to get
running when cold.

Jon

summarised as crappy cappy in lappy
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 11:13:21 +0000, N_Cook wrote:
On 22/11/2016 15:01, Archer wrote:

I have a Samsung Lappy
... lappy does not start.

... start button the lappy starts.

summarised as crappy cappy in lappy

There really should be a teenage.electronics.repair

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:01:57 PM UTC-5, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 22/11/16 15:59, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

Probably bad capacitors on the mommy board.

Have they been told to stand in the corner?

No, no, no!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:23:55 PM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:01:57 PM UTC-5, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 22/11/16 15:59, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

Probably bad capacitors on the mommy board.

Have they been told to stand in the corner?

No, no, no!

that will make it worse.

The capacitors are heat sensitive, and ........................

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:24:33 PM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:23:55 PM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:01:57 PM UTC-5, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 22/11/16 15:59, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

The battery is new and fully charged.

What could be the reason? TIA for any suggestions.

Probably bad capacitors on the mommy board.

Have they been told to stand in the corner?

No, no, no!

that will make it worse.

The capacitors are heat sensitive, and ........................

The corner is 90 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 28/11/16 19:25, Tim R wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:24:33 PM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:23:55 PM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 2:01:57 PM UTC-5, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Have they been told to stand in the corner?

No, no, no!

that will make it worse.

The capacitors are heat sensitive, and ........................

The corner is 90 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost obtuse, that was ....

--
Adrian C