Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fluor. And Starting Problem

Hello,

Put ujp a light in my shop about 2 years ago.
Two bulb Fluor. fixture from HD.
Wasn't all that expensive, but not the cheapest either, if I remember right.

Anyway, from the get-go, it would only start about once in three tries.
Then, finally it would after repeated on-offs with the switch.

Driving me crazy.

Would like to replace it with one that will "always" start.

I see that HD and Lowes now offer several types of ballasts, electronic
ignition starters, etc.

Very confusing, and their salesperson's don't know anything about this.

What's the best bet to get ?
Particular Models, HD or Lowe's, etc. ?

Any suggestions and opinions on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 2:24*pm, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Put ujp a light in my shop about 2 years ago.
Two bulb Fluor. fixture from HD.
Wasn't all that expensive, but not the cheapest either, if I remember right.

Anyway, from the get-go, it would only start about once in three tries.
Then, finally it would after repeated on-offs with the switch.

Driving me crazy.

Would like to replace it with one that will "always" start.

I see that HD and Lowes now offer several types of ballasts, electronic
ignition starters, etc.

Very confusing, and their salesperson's don't know anything about this.

What's the best bet to get ?
Particular Models, HD or Lowe's, etc. ?

Any suggestions and opinions on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Some of them work better if they are well grounded.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Big question...Is the light grounded properly?

Sorry I did not answer your question!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 27, 11:39*am, Joe wrote:
On Aug 26, 1:24*pm, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Put ujp a light in my shop about 2 years ago.
Two bulb Fluor. fixture from HD.
Wasn't all that expensive, but not the cheapest either, if I remember right.

Anyway, from the get-go, it would only start about once in three tries.
Then, finally it would after repeated on-offs with the switch.

Driving me crazy.

Would like to replace it with one that will "always" start.

I see that HD and Lowes now offer several types of ballasts, electronic
ignition starters, etc.

Very confusing, and their salesperson's don't know anything about this.

What's the best bet to get ?
Particular Models, HD or Lowe's, etc. ?

Any suggestions and opinions on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Used HD's cold start 8" duals in our shop/garage a few years ago. At
that time they were about $60 ea. bare. Never a moments problem with
them, terrific light output. Highly recommended.

Joe

Oops. meant 8' duals..sorry.

Joe

Diesel starting problem Grumps UK diy 40 August 30th 06 04:47 PM
Lawnmower Re-Starting problem Robert11 Home Repair 4 July 30th 06 07:28 PM
Sears air compressor starting problem darticus Home Repair 0 March 5th 06 10:28 PM
Minidisk MDS-501 Starting problem Yde Electronics Repair 1 October 12th 05 09:02 PM
Problem with CD tracking/starting when cold Jeff Wiseman Electronics Repair 3 September 3rd 03 05:42 PM