Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sean Keplinger

Default Projection TV Woes

I have a Hitachi Projection TV (55EX7K) that's about 11 years old. Recently,
black bars have been appearing at the top and bottom of the screen. When you
walk across the floor in front of the TV, the bars flicker and change size and
sometimes go away. After the TV "warms-up" for a while, the screen will return
to normal size without any further problems.

This morning, my wife said she heard a small "pop" and the picture displayed
briefly before going out and then flickering back on. I had her unplug the
whole thing completely, just to be safe.

Before I call a repair-man, is there anything I should check out? I realize
that the TV is getting on in years but if the repair is under $300, I'd like
to keep it.

Thanks for the help,
Sean
--