Sean Keplinger

Default Projection TV Woes

David wrote:

$75 to $100 for a projection set, in your dreams.
Given the size, looking at an in home service call, around $50 to the door,
plus around $125 labor plus parts typical. Well under $300 most of the time
for that type of failure. $75 to $100 is not even enough to stay in
business.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'd rather not junk the TV as it was given to me
and I don't have $3000 to go blow on a new one. I'm confortable with spending
$200 on something that might last me for another few years.

I'm not by any means an electronics guru so I think soldering is out of the
question, but at least I understand what may be wrong with it. Last night, I
opened up the back panel to take a look and didn't see anything out of the
ordinary (blow caps, etc). The thick wires leading into the "caution high
voltage" part scared me a little. Didn't want to get my hand in there. ;^)

On a side-note, can anyone recommend a reliable projection TV repair shop in
Cincinnati?

Thanks!
Sean
--