Jean-Yves

Default Apple Studio Display 21inch(19.8) fault

In article ,
Andrew Tweddle wrote:

I have one of these machines (its really a SONY inside, no idea which
model). Anyway the fault is it turns off after 2 seconds when connected
to a PC. I have found one dying cap CP78 on the power supply board, but
can't seem to make much headway.
The second question is, does this model work in normal operation on the
PC 640*480 VGA mode or did Apple not allow this in this model. The Apple
data sheet isn't particularly explicit.

Thanks Andrew

this unit supports other resolutions than 640x480
but you need a computer which supports multiple frequencies monitors

on (very) old macs, this display is black.
does it turn really off or does only the led comes yellow after 2 secs ?
if it is, it's probably not a power supply fault, but a logic (video
fault) as the monitor detects the video and comes green only if it has
video it can display.

dont know also which sony model it is..

--
Jean-Yves.
Andy Cuffe

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:19:26 +0200, Jean-Yves
wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Tweddle wrote:

[...]

This monitor uses a sony CRT, but was designed by apple. I don't
think there's any way to get a schematic of it. Apple only supplies
enough information for board swapping.
Andy Cuffe

MrManuals

Hi,
This parts and service manual is available for 10.50 payable through
Paypal to .
Once we receive notification of payment, I'll send you a link in
email to download the file automagically. You will have your manual
within 8 hours, but more likely within 1 hour.
We can also take Visa / MC

Regards;

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:01:27 -0400, Andy Cuffe
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:19:26 +0200, Jean-Yves
wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Tweddle wrote:

[...]

Jean-Yves

In article ,
Andrew Tweddle wrote:

Jean-Yves wrote:
In article ,
Andrew Tweddle wrote:

[...]

Were you thinking of the Apple 21inch color display M3502(different
model) in your answer Yves ? My studio monitor is a 1999 manufacture for
connection to a G4 (Translucent plastic and gray). (I have one of the
older model as well, just can't be bothered to fix it yet!)

regards Andrew

the both monitors support 640x480 and both have a failure mode with a
yellow led when they dont detect video. I saw lots of them die this
way... It can be fixed (I saw tv servcie mens fixing them..) but I dont
know how..

by the way dont trust the man selling you the service manual, I can send
it to you if you want, there is nothing on it only take apart methods.
there is NO schematic as apple dont give them. apple relies on modules
exchanges and dont publish any schematic of any of their models.

--
Jean-Yves.