BadHabit

Default Magnavox 60P8288 big screen

My 60P8288 picture and sounds are fine. But the little blue boxes at
the top of the screen with channel and time scroll vertically like a
Vhold setting was messed up. This does not seem to effect the
program I am trying to watch at all. Then after a short time the TV
turns itself off. After it goes off the power button keeps flashing
2 flashes every few seconds. I am assuming this is some sort of an
error code, but have no idea what it means. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thank you

BadHabit

I appreciate the input

I am currently going to school for electrical engineering. This may
end up a class project. LOL

On 13 Jul 2004 13:31:33 GMT, Ol' Duffer wrote:

In article ,
says...
My 60P8288 picture and sounds are fine. But the little blue boxes at
the top of the screen with channel and time scroll vertically like a
Vhold setting was messed up. This does not seem to effect the
program I am trying to watch at all. Then after a short time the TV
turns itself off. After it goes off the power button keeps flashing
2 flashes every few seconds. I am assuming this is some sort of an
error code, but have no idea what it means. Any help would be
appreciated.

Going entirely from memory, so apply the usual caveats...

Two flashes is Vertical. This does not necessarily mean there
is anything wrong with the sweep circuit, just that the pulse the
microprocessor receives to know that the circuit is working isn't
getting to it. IIRC there are pulse buffer transistors both on
the main deflection board and on the little plug-in SSB board.
These are surface-mount and not at all easy to get at. Often the
micro itself has a bad port. If you have a spare SSB board, try
swapping it. Most of us don't, 'cause they're 'spensive. Beyond
that, arm yourself with oscilloscope, schematics, and board layout
diagrams and prepare to spend an afternoon.

BadHabit

One other thing. This is my first such undertaking Would anyone
have any good sources for schematics and layout diagrams on the net?
I know it is a question asked all too much. But I swear it is the
first time I have asked. I will search this evening. But hints are
always welcome

[...]

BadHabit

This is what I fear, but as I am a student with merely a part time
job, that will be w while in the coming.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:48:46 -0400, "Art"
wrote:

Sound like a symptom that warrants technical intervention to determine what
is causing the weird problems, best to call authorized service. .
.. .