techforce

Default RCA Flyback Need Good Pull

Need a RCA P-N: 223011 Flyback found in CTC169RA chassis. Prefer one that
can be verified the ABL/GND Pin is in Tact and Still Connected. (This is a
solder Terminal on top of the flyback)

Can provide instructions and diagram on how to verify this if Need be.

Jason D.

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:30:12 -0400, "techforce"
wrote:

Need a RCA P-N: 223011 Flyback found in CTC169RA chassis. Prefer one that
can be verified the ABL/GND Pin is in Tact and Still Connected. (This is a
solder Terminal on top of the flyback)

Can provide instructions and diagram on how to verify this if Need be.

Can't source one from RCAn or convert a correct HV fly to this config?

Sounds strange for that fly. All 169'ers I seen don't have this kind
of solder terminal on top. Always grey lead from bottom, output for
the focus/screen divider module or input lead for projector that use
HV regulation. What else that comes out of topside is HV.

What is that from?

Cheers,

Wizard
techforce

| Can't source one from RCA n or convert a correct HV fly to this config?

NLA OEM since I think 2002.

| Sounds strange for that fly. All 169'ers I seen don't have this kind
| of solder terminal on top. Always grey lead from bottom, output for
| the focus/screen divider module or input lead for projector that use
| HV regulation. What else that comes out of topside is HV.
| What is that from?

Sorry - its a CTC170RA ! My boo boo!

Drawing No. X-40452-27A
RCA PS35682, Chassis CTC170RA

David

I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a CTC170 flyback fail, ever.

I have seen the external focus divider block fail lots of times, and it
looks just like a flyback failure.
Just make 100% sure it is the flyback with an external drive tester.

It is also highly unlikely you will find a good used pull from that chassis.
The set was so expensive that most people still pay good dollars to have
them repaired. Then there was the really small production run Thomson had
on the set which will even limit the possibility of used supply further.

Call all the Thomsons parts distributors before giving up on a new one.

David

"techforce" wrote in message
| Can't source one from RCA n or convert a correct HV fly to this config?

NLA OEM since I think 2002.

| Sounds strange for that fly. All 169'ers I seen don't have this kind
| of solder terminal on top. Always grey lead from bottom, output for
| the focus/screen divider module or input lead for projector that use
| HV regulation. What else that comes out of topside is HV.
| What is that from?

Sorry - its a CTC170RA ! My boo boo!

Drawing No. X-40452-27A
RCA PS35682, Chassis CTC170RA

techforce

Checked with Tritronics , who has none...checked other RCA Dist's too. None.
I have been working on this Flyback for about a year, trying to get
something going because its NLA. Supplies are exhausted, as you say. The
Engineer with the Last good Pull I provided says the ABL/GND connection is
open. this is a Solder Terminal on top of the FBT near the tubes for anode
and Screen wires. So I really need one that has this, the Secondary in Tact,
so readings can be taken for engineering of a prototype. Everything else is
ok.

The fact that you say, its a good Set that people Like Repaired, is the
reason I am trying to keep the flyback available. Its a CTC170RA, not Just
a 170. I think the Last 2 Letters mean a different Flyback.

"David" wrote in message
| I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a CTC170 flyback fail, ever.
|
| I have seen the external focus divider block fail lots of times, and it
| looks just like a flyback failure.
| Just make 100% sure it is the flyback with an external drive tester.
|
| It is also highly unlikely you will find a good used pull from that
chassis.
| The set was so expensive that most people still pay good dollars to have
| them repaired. Then there was the really small production run Thomson had
| on the set which will even limit the possibility of used supply further.
|
| Call all the Thomsons parts distributors before giving up on a new one.

what can I expect from a "good" lumberyard? igor Woodworking 4 July 7th 04 08:45 PM
Good sawmills - northern Minnestoa James Van Vleet Woodworking 3 May 23rd 04 06:54 PM
Good Pulley Subw00er Woodworking 4 February 12th 04 05:09 AM
Is this a good deal HomeBrewer Woodworking 7 February 5th 04 01:50 AM
Electronic/Automatic welding masks - a good thing? Frank UK diy 1 July 21st 03 12:39 PM