David

Default RCA Flyback Need Good Pull

I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a CTC170 flyback fail, ever.

I have seen the external focus divider block fail lots of times, and it
looks just like a flyback failure.
Just make 100% sure it is the flyback with an external drive tester.

It is also highly unlikely you will find a good used pull from that chassis.
The set was so expensive that most people still pay good dollars to have
them repaired. Then there was the really small production run Thomson had
on the set which will even limit the possibility of used supply further.

Call all the Thomsons parts distributors before giving up on a new one.

David

"techforce" wrote in message
| Can't source one from RCA n or convert a correct HV fly to this config?

NLA OEM since I think 2002.

| Sounds strange for that fly. All 169'ers I seen don't have this kind
| of solder terminal on top. Always grey lead from bottom, output for
| the focus/screen divider module or input lead for projector that use
| HV regulation. What else that comes out of topside is HV.
| What is that from?

Sorry - its a CTC170RA ! My boo boo!

Drawing No. X-40452-27A
RCA PS35682, Chassis CTC170RA