Oklahoma Wolf

Default Dell P991 Glitches

Hello all,

Need a hand with a Dell/Sony P991 monitor. The symptoms were random glitches
in the geometry after powerup, and a once in a while power glitch where the
monitor would shut itself down after powerup and then back on again. I
managed to fix the geometry glitches with some resoldering, but the power
glitch is still there. Haven't been able to pinpoint that problem, and I'm
wondering if anyone else has run across this. Any suggestions on where to
look are appreciated.

techforce

Flyback Fails alot in this one. I Guess iit could cause a Shutdown problem.

"Oklahoma Wolf" wrote in message
| Almost forgot - the power LED stays on while the power glitches... the
| switch itself seems fine.
|
| "Oklahoma Wolf" wrote in message
| Hello all,
|
| Need a hand with a Dell/Sony P991 monitor. The symptoms were random
| glitches
| in the geometry after powerup, and a once in a while power glitch where
| the
| monitor would shut itself down after powerup and then back on again. I
| managed to fix the geometry glitches with some resoldering, but the
power
| glitch is still there. Haven't been able to pinpoint that problem, and
I'm
| wondering if anyone else has run across this. Any suggestions on where
| look are appreciated.

Oklahoma Wolf

Thanks - was hoping not to hear that, but that's the way it goes sometimes

Popped it open again and resoldered a few more bad joints I missed before -
hope that fixes it. The shutdown thing only happens once every two weeks or
so, so it may be a while before I can say it's gone. Thanks again for the
suggestion!