Peter

Default Casio TV-8E (or TV-8) tiny portable LCD TV

I've been given this device because it's faulty. It's fully functional,
except that there is no sound, only loud hiss like an open mute. I
suspect some kind of IF/detector fault. I have no details about the
history of the fault.

Does anyone know where I can get a circuit for this device, or failing
that, a data sheet for a Mitsubishi M51348FP video/sound chip? I've
googled to no avail, plenty of links, but none leading to an actual data
sheet.

Thanks, Peter
Jerry G.

This is Casio only. If you send them the set, they will fix it. Their rates
are reasonable. I don't think they will sell the parts and service manuals
to non Casio servicers.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Peter" wrote in message
I've been given this device because it's faulty. It's fully functional,
except that there is no sound, only loud hiss like an open mute. I
suspect some kind of IF/detector fault. I have no details about the
history of the fault.

Does anyone know where I can get a circuit for this device, or failing
that, a data sheet for a Mitsubishi M51348FP video/sound chip? I've
googled to no avail, plenty of links, but none leading to an actual data
sheet.

Thanks, Peter

Andy Cuffe

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:54:47 +1000, Peter wrote:

I've been given this device because it's faulty. It's fully functional,
except that there is no sound, only loud hiss like an open mute. I
suspect some kind of IF/detector fault. I have no details about the
history of the fault.

Does anyone know where I can get a circuit for this device, or failing
that, a data sheet for a Mitsubishi M51348FP video/sound chip? I've
googled to no avail, plenty of links, but none leading to an actual data
sheet.

Thanks, Peter

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I found this in an old newgroup
post:

IC200
M51348FP

(A 24 pin IC)

Video Detection/Sound Detection/ FM Detection/ AFT/ AGC

Eliminates the carrier waves in the video IF signal and pick ups the
video signal and the sound IF signal.
Also, the sound signal is picked up from the sound IF signal by FM
detection.

IF AGC OUT 1 24 IF AGC ADJ
IF AGC IN 2 23 SyOUT
RF AGC 3 22 SyIN
AGCDL 4 21 AFTC
VCCv 5 20 LLD
IFIN 6 19 LLD
IFIN 7 18 Video
GNDv 8 17 AFT
VCCs 9 16 SIFOUT
SIFIN 10 15 FMD
FB 11 14 ATT
GNDs 12 13 AUDIO
Andy Cuffe

Peter

Andy Cuffe wrote:

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I found this in an old newgroup
post:

Thanks, Andy - I found the same thing.

Peter