Joe Trubisz

Default Loewe TV problem - help/suggestions

Hi...

I have a Loewe Aconda and about a year ago, I got a obvious sparking
that I could see from the top of the set through the vents.

Called the service repair guy and for $800, he replaced the chassis
and it worked fine again.

Well..guess what...same thing again.

Is this some sort of known fault with Loewe TV's or am I set to
spend another $800 bucks to get it fixed again??

Or...should I just give up and buy a new TV?

Suggestions/comments appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Ampdoc

You need a flyback transformer, horizontal output and damper diode. I do not
know if they are available as parts from Loewe, you may have to go with
replacing the main PCB. I will check monday and see if you can get just the
parts. I've been working in the Memphis area and have seen 3 sets with this
problem, however we replaced the main Bd. as they were under warranty. If
the parts are available it should not be so expensive this time. Where are
you located?

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"Joe Trubisz" wrote in message
om...
Hi...

I have a Loewe Aconda and about a year ago, I got a obvious sparking
that I could see from the top of the set through the vents.

Called the service repair guy and for $800, he replaced the chassis
and it worked fine again.

Well..guess what...same thing again.

Is this some sort of known fault with Loewe TV's or am I set to
spend another $800 bucks to get it fixed again??

Or...should I just give up and buy a new TV?

Suggestions/comments appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Jerry G.

Considering the set, I would have spent my money on a descent name brand set
in the first place. Most of the time, the parts are not available for this
set type, and they change the complete PCB at a very high cost. At today's
prices, you can get a much better set for about $800 to $1000. Check out
the Sony and Panasonic sets. These are excellent value for the money spent.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Ampdoc" wrote in message
news You need a flyback transformer, horizontal output and damper diode. I do not
[...]

LASERandDVDfan

Considering the set, I would have spent my money on a descent name brand set
in the first place

Loewe is a premium brand, but it is also very obscure. Loewe would be in the
ranks of Proton and Ikegami. These are fairly decent brands of CRT monitors,
especially Ikegami, but not very many people have heard of them and there
aren't very many places that sell items from these brands.

Although, I've not been impressed with Loewe so I would agree with your
assessment on buying a replacement TV in the event that repairs to the Loewe
will cost more than what it would take to buy a middle-end TV from a known
Japanese brand.

Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, JVC, and Hitachi are good recommendations. I
personally would go with a Sony Trinitron, but that's me. - Reinhrt
erie

Have you contacted Loewe? I have had a few customers with similar
problems and Loewe was very helpful in resolving the problem. (at no
cost to the customer)

erie

LASERandDVDfan wrote:
Considering the set, I would have spent my money on a descent name brand set
in the first place

Loewe is a premium brand, but it is also very obscure. Loewe would be in the
ranks of Proton and Ikegami. These are fairly decent brands of CRT monitors,
especially Ikegami, but not very many people have heard of them and there
aren't very many places that sell items from these brands.

Although, I've not been impressed with Loewe so I would agree with your
assessment on buying a replacement TV in the event that repairs to the Loewe
will cost more than what it would take to buy a middle-end TV from a known
Japanese brand.

Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, JVC, and Hitachi are good recommendations. I
personally would go with a Sony Trinitron, but that's me. - Reinhrt

karl

hi .I am factory outhorized for Loewe.
The set needs only flyback transformer.Not the whole board.
I fixed about 6 of them already.
Flyback in not expensive.
I think Erie is right.You should contact Loewe and you have very good
chance for the company to chip in cost of the repair.

LASERandDVDfan wrote:
Considering the set, I would have spent my money on a descent name brand set
in the first place

Loewe is a premium brand, but it is also very obscure. Loewe would be in the
ranks of Proton and Ikegami. These are fairly decent brands of CRT monitors,
especially Ikegami, but not very many people have heard of them and there
aren't very many places that sell items from these brands.

Although, I've not been impressed with Loewe so I would agree with your
assessment on buying a replacement TV in the event that repairs to the Loewe
will cost more than what it would take to buy a middle-end TV from a known
Japanese brand.

Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, JVC, and Hitachi are good recommendations. I
personally would go with a Sony Trinitron, but that's me. - Reinhrt

LASERandDVDfan

I think Erie is right.You should contact Loewe and you have very good
chance for the company to chip in cost of the repair.

Considering that Loewe is not high volume and caters to a bit less mainstream
clientele, it is very likely that Loewe will honor the warranty without
significant problems, if any. - Reinhart

In article , Jerry G.
writes

"Ampdoc" wrote in message
news You need a flyback transformer, horizontal output and damper diode. I do not
know if they are available as parts from Loewe, you may have to go with
replacing the main PCB. I will check monday and see if you can get just the
parts. I've been working in the Memphis area and have seen 3 sets with this
problem, however we replaced the main Bd. as they were under warranty. If
the parts are available it should not be so expensive this time. Where are
you located?

Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.
LASERandDVDfan

Ahem, he said it was a Loewe. :-)

IMO, a properly calibrated Sony XBR will beat the pants off of a properly
calibrated Loewe any day of the week. - Reinhart