Bryan Jones

Default Picture width - LG Widescreen

Anyone know how I can adjust the picture width on my LG 32inch widescreen
tv.. is it a matter of taking the back off or is there a hidden service menu
(its an RI-32CZ10RX)..

Thanks in advance for any help...

Art

Other than using the picture mode controls on the remote the settings would
be through a setup menu with access via a Factory Setup Code. This
information may ge found in their available service literature fron the
company.
"Bryan Jones" wrote in message
Anyone know how I can adjust the picture width on my LG 32inch widescreen
tv.. is it a matter of taking the back off or is there a hidden service
menu
(its an RI-32CZ10RX)..

Thanks in advance for any help...

Bryan Jones

They don't seem too keen to give me this information. I contacted LG and
they gave me the name of 2 local repair shops. 1 didn't want to know and the
other wanted to charge 65ukp... I would like to avoid this if it's simply an
adjustment required... which I guess it is...

Does anyone know where I might find these codes? (have searched web etc...)

"Art" wrote in message
Other than using the picture mode controls on the remote the settings

would
be through a setup menu with access via a Factory Setup Code. This
information may ge found in their available service literature fron the
company.
"Bryan Jones" wrote in message
Anyone know how I can adjust the picture width on my LG 32inch

widescreen
tv.. is it a matter of taking the back off or is there a hidden service
menu
(its an RI-32CZ10RX)..

Thanks in advance for any help...

john

Bryan !
Has this TV got a problem ,like has the width got bigger over time
or you simply want to reduce the overall size of the width.
Because making those types of adjustments could screw up
the overall linearity of the picture especially if the TV has a fault.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"

"Art" wrote in message
Other than using the picture mode controls on the remote the settings

would
be through a setup menu with access via a Factory Setup Code. This
information may ge found in their available service literature fron the
company.
"Bryan Jones" wrote in message
Anyone know how I can adjust the picture width on my LG 32inch

widescreen
tv.. is it a matter of taking the back off or is there a hidden

service
menu
(its an RI-32CZ10RX)..

Thanks in advance for any help...

Bryan Jones

I think the picture width has always been too wide (when on 16:9)... I
always assumed it was a mis-match between my cable box or something.. but on
closer investigation it also happens with DVD etc..

I guess I am loosing about an inch, or slightly less (I sometimes loose the
first letter of a title that is left justified)..

It's out of the 12mth warranty now!

.. .

"Art" wrote in message
Other than using the picture mode controls on the remote the settings

would
be through a setup menu with access via a Factory Setup Code. This
information may ge found in their available service literature fron

the
company.
"Bryan Jones" wrote in message
Anyone know how I can adjust the picture width on my LG 32inch

widescreen
tv.. is it a matter of taking the back off or is there a hidden

service
menu
(its an RI-32CZ10RX)..

Thanks in advance for any help...

Chaos Master

Bryan Jones ] blew the tubes when screaming at the
amplifier:
I think the picture width has always been too wide (when on 16:9)... I
always assumed it was a mis-match between my cable box or something.. but on
closer investigation it also happens with DVD etc..

I guess I am loosing about an inch, or slightly less (I sometimes loose the
first letter of a title that is left justified)..

It's out of the 12mth warranty now!

Service mode for some LG TV's:

With the TV turned on, press "MENU" in the front panel and "MENU" in the remote
control, at the same time.

I don't know exactly about your TV but it is worth a try.

[]s
--
_____ ___ Chaos Master®
|\/\/\| Posting from Brazil
|/\/\/| MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
___|\/\/\| irc.brasnet.org #XLinuxNews #POA
Chaos Master

Bryan Jones ] blew the tubes when screaming at the
amplifier:
I think the picture width has always been too wide (when on 16:9)... I
always assumed it was a mis-match between my cable box or something.. but on
closer investigation it also happens with DVD etc..

I guess I am loosing about an inch, or slightly less (I sometimes loose the
first letter of a title that is left justified)..

It's out of the 12mth warranty now!

Service mode for some LG TV's:

With the TV turned on, press "MENU" in the front panel and "MENU" in the remote
control, at the same time.

I don't know exactly about your TV but it is worth a try.

[]s
--
_____ ___ Chaos Master®
|\/\/\| Posting from Brazil
|/\/\/| MSN: wizard_of_yendor at hotmail.com
___|\/\/\| irc.brasnet.org #XLinuxNews #POA
john

Bryan..Try this

Using the television's remote control:

Turn the TV on. Hold down the [MENU] key on the remote until the menu clears
or "Welcome to Zenith" appears then release the [MENU] key and within two
(2) seconds hit the following five keys:

[9], [8], [7], [6], [ENTER]

-or-
[9], [8], [7], [6], [DISPLAY]

You will now have access to the service menus.

[MENU] = Toggles between two menu pages
[UP], [DOWN] cursor = selects the item for adjustment
[left], [right] cursor = varies the value
[POWER] = exit service mode and saves any adjustments made

The items are appropriately captioned and the ones of interest should be
easily spotted.

kip

Bryan Jones

Thanks for both replies, my TV does not have a menu button on the front
panel, and if I hold down the menu key the menu simply remains on the TV
(Have held for about 50secs, I guess something would have happend sooner
than that)...

Anyone any other ideas to save me taking this to the repair shop?

Thanks in advance

Bryan

.. .