Archocane

Default Picture gets wider than the monitor

This is a 19' Proview 998N monitor. At what seems to me as random intervals
something ticks and the picture all of a sudden becomes half an inch wider
than the screen on each side. The picture "ticks" back to its normal size
again after some time or after I bump the monitor a little. If I bump the
monitor when the picture is normal size the picture becomes larger again.
Any pointers?

Tia
arch

Dave D

"Archocane" wrote in message
ink.net...
This is a 19' Proview 998N monitor. At what seems to me as random

intervals
something ticks and the picture all of a sudden becomes half an inch wider
than the screen on each side. The picture "ticks" back to its normal size
again after some time or after I bump the monitor a little. If I bump the
monitor when the picture is normal size the picture becomes larger again.
Any pointers?

Tia
arch

Likely a bad solder connection or marginal component. It isn't a good idea
to run the monitor in this condition, you run the risk of destroying some
rather expensive components, or even rendering the monitor beyond economical
repair.

Dave