Bob Kos

Default NEC FE700 Monitor Horizontal Problem

Hi All:

I've got an NEC FE700 17' flat screen CRT monitor I'm working on. It runs
OK except for a problem with the horizontal performance. The width of the
screen is a little narrower than it should be ( 3/8" black border ). The
width is set to 100%, but it still seems like too little. Also - the left &
right edges have poor geometry - they pincushion in on the upper 1/2 of the
screen, out on the lower half. I can adjust most of it out, but something
is definitely not right with it. I also noticed that if a smaller window
is opened on the screen it has the same pinned edges - in if it is the upper
half of the screen, out if it is in the lower half.

This seems like it could be a nice monitor and is worth the effort to fix.
Any thoughts on what might be causing this. Any advice appreciated

Jerry G.

A number of caps in the deflection and pin circuits are starting to go high
in ESR. These can be tested with an ESR meter, and the defective ones
replaced. This is common in many of these monitor types.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com