Scott Bright

Default Proscan TV Turns off immediately

Model: PS36109
Chassis: CTC197CH

Problem: When I turn it on, it clicks on and off a few times then is
quiet. Had it unplugged for 24 hours no change.

I saw in one other post that it might be the "Hv Splitter Box". Can I
order this and replace it myself?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Bright
David

The only way to get a handle on the real problem is to have proper
troubleshooting performed on that chassis. This will include starting with
hooking up the Chipper Check computer interface and software to the set to
check the error codes, performed standard tv troubleshooting of the power
supply and deflection circuits, and go from there.

It will cost you far less to have a qualified technician with the proper
equipment do a repair on the set than it will to throw parts after parts
guesses at the tv set.

David

"Scott Bright" wrote in message
om...
Model: PS36109
Chassis: CTC197CH

Problem: When I turn it on, it clicks on and off a few times then is
quiet. Had it unplugged for 24 hours no change.

I saw in one other post that it might be the "Hv Splitter Box". Can I
order this and replace it myself?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Bright

Jerry G.

The horizontal output transistor may also be shorted. Normally the flyback
and HOT are changed together in many cases. If you change these parts, and
do not troubleshoot to find the original cause of failure the new parts will
be damaged upon restart of the set.

After changing the flyback and HOT, finding the cause of failure, changing
all the defective parts, he will then do the high voltage and power supply
tests to see that the set is working safely.

I would strongly recommend you call an experienced service centre to do this
type of repair. There are also many safety issues when working in TV sets.
This is especially true in the scan amplifiers, high voltage sections, CRT
sections, and power supply.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Scott Bright" wrote in message
om...
Model: PS36109
Chassis: CTC197CH

Problem: When I turn it on, it clicks on and off a few times then is
quiet. Had it unplugged for 24 hours no change.

I saw in one other post that it might be the "Hv Splitter Box". Can I
order this and replace it myself?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Bright

Jamie

could be.. (flyback)..your version of a Hv splitter box.
while your at it you may want to change the HV output transistor.
wwww.elctronix.com
they have flybacks..
you may need the number from the flyback.

Scott Bright wrote:

Model: PS36109
Chassis: CTC197CH

Problem: When I turn it on, it clicks on and off a few times then is
quiet. Had it unplugged for 24 hours no change.

I saw in one other post that it might be the "Hv Splitter Box". Can I
order this and replace it myself?

Thanks for any help.

Scott Bright

Jason D.

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:09:06 -0800, Jamie
wrote:

Snipped.

Please, for safety reasons, please ask owner to bring it in for a
estimate & repaired professionally. RCA authorized shop or one that
is very famillar with RCA stuff is best.

These chassis is good but it is best repaired by techs who knows it's
uniqueness.

Oh, PS36109 is med to high end 36" CRT TV not projector! CTC197 is
CRT version and other chassis that looks same for projectors is
CTC195. I'm surprised others didn't catch on that!

Have two fit strong people to carry that tv around, suggest wear pair
of heavy working gloves. The base is hard on fingers and very heavy
because of flatter CRT than normal 36" CRT is normally is.

Cheers,

Wizard