Eugen T

Default SMC router takes several mins to warm up??

Hi all,
I got this SMC Barricade router SMC7004BR. One day it got turned off. Now
when I turn it on, it will take several minutes to power up (warm up?), then
will start working perfectly. If I turn it off and then back on, when the
router is 'warm', it turns on right away. Takes another several minutes to
'cool down', then will need to wait for it to 'warm up' again.
Please help!

Thanks.

viperz (at) mail (dot) com

Jerry G.

Some component(s) in it have become thermo sensitive. It may be some of the
capacitors that have become defective. If it is caps that are bad, these can
be checked with an ESR meter. If this is a low cost router, I would suggest
to get a new one, rather than spending time and money on fixing it.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Eugen T" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all,
I got this SMC Barricade router SMC7004BR. One day it got turned off. Now
when I turn it on, it will take several minutes to power up (warm up?), then
will start working perfectly. If I turn it off and then back on, when the
router is 'warm', it turns on right away. Takes another several minutes to
'cool down', then will need to wait for it to 'warm up' again.
Please help!

Thanks.

viperz (at) mail (dot) com

James Sweet

"Jerry G." wrote in message
Some component(s) in it have become thermo sensitive. It may be some of

the
capacitors that have become defective. If it is caps that are bad, these

can
be checked with an ESR meter. If this is a low cost router, I would

suggest
to get a new one, rather than spending time and money on fixing it.

--

I've fixed a few similar units, the problem in every case was a couple bad
capacitors on the output of the power supply, this is a nice simple beginner

Eugen T

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Jerry G." wrote in message
Some component(s) in it have become thermo sensitive. It may be some of

the
capacitors that have become defective. If it is caps that are bad, these

can
be checked with an ESR meter. If this is a low cost router, I would

suggest
to get a new one, rather than spending time and money on fixing it.

--

I've fixed a few similar units, the problem in every case was a couple bad
capacitors on the output of the power supply, this is a nice simple

beginner
repair.

There are only 5 electrolytic caps in there. I'll definitely check them out.
Thank you!